Image Scientist (Job Number:433646)
SAIC is currently looking for an Image Scientist who will support the exploitation of imagery (radar, infrared, spectral or geospatial) The image Scientist will collaborate with and provide scientific analysis support to imagery/geospatial analysts, who will leverage the value-added support to sharpen their assessments of current intelligence issues. The image Scientist duties also include applying AGI techniques and capabilities to mission issues, as well as investigating innovative and emerging technologies to incorporate into analysis. The evaluation of commercial, academic, and outside approaches and algorithms, refinement, development of measures of effectiveness, improvements to system environments, and creation of new procedures will be commonplace. Formal and informal written reports and briefings will be necessary to capture plans, schedules, status updates and results.
- Bachelor's of Science Degree ideally in Image Science
- 12 years of Image Science experience in an Intelligence setting
- 12 years of experience with Image processing and analysis
- 12 years of experience scientifically processing imagery
Preferred Skills and Education
- Proficiency using ITT ENVI COTS image processing software, ERADAS IMAGINE, MS Office, Windows, and knowledge of programming languages such as IDL, R, Python. Familiarity with commercial and civil data sources, integration of resulting data into ArcGIS.
- Knowledge of Marine Corps TTPs pertaining to littoral operating environment, and Marine Corps mission sets.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jan 26, 2018, 5:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-QUANTICO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job