Mainframe Operator (Job Number:433603)
Job Description & Duties:
Responsible for providing comprehensive Mainframe Operations support for the Fort Knox Data Center. Must have experience with batch processing and Job amend resolution. Candidate will have a strong understanding of Mainframe concepts such as LPARs, Batching and Processing. Must be able to perform optimization and performance testing, provide technical support for incident response. Must be able to implement and maintain a secure environment in compliance with all IA and DoD STIG guidelines.
Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience; Masters and 0 years related experience. 4 additional years? experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor?s degree.
- 2 or more years' Mainframe computer Operations / scheduling experience.
- Experience with IBM z/OS, CA Roscoe, CA Datacom, CA 7 software for Job scheduling and management
- Subject Matter Expert in JES2 commands, CA-1, CA-7, CA-11, CA-Dispatch, Endeavor, Job
- Control Language(JCL) and have strong knowledge of MVS, , IBM 3000, TSO, VTS, SMS,
- Provide Operations services and support 24 hours a day, by 7 days a week (24/7/365);
- Monitor system consoles in the computer data center and Mainframe production management area
- Respond to all system failures at time of failure and work with support teams or vendors to minimize downtime;
- Operate peripheral equipment such as printers, tape drives, silos, Virtual Tape Systems (VTS), and microfiche. The operation of these devices includes device initialization, operation, monitoring, routine cleaning, troubleshooting, and vendor maintenance coordination;
- Maintain input/output priorities for timely output distribution;
- Perform periodic inventories of supplies (such as CDs, tapes, and cleaning supplies) required for Operations support and deliver a list to the Government of those which need to be replenished. The contractor shall allow for Government procurement and vendor delivery so as not to run out of those supplies;
- Provide host system resource management and coordination and monitor online availability; This includes monitoring parameters for critical systems, Operating System (OS) thresholds, Central Processing Unit (CPU)/memory usage and error logs;
- Provide tool-based issue tracking and resolution for problems;
- Maintain shift log of notable activities (identify any recurring trends in the MSR)
- Manage workload sequencing to prevent jobs from being executed before the successful completion of input tasks and Job dependencies are satisfied;
- Coordinate Job definition, submit and monitor jobs through automated scheduling tools and monitor Job executions;
- Manage abnormally terminated and/or suspended jobs and advise of any Job restarts, recovery procedures, or restart protocols followed;
- Completed Associate degree in Computer Science or related field. Three years of additional general experience may be substituted for an Associate's Degree.
- Knowledge of ISO/ITIL processes and documentation standards is desired
- Possess a SECRET clearance or have the ability to get one. Must have at least an interim SECRET to begin work on the contract
- Must have Security+ Certification and be enrolled into CompTIA?s Continuing Education
- Must have of a secondary certification relevant to computing environment. (Mainframe Operations ? CA-7, Endeavor, JCL, etc.)
- Must sign privileged level access agreement.
- MVS, JES2 commands, IBM 3000 ,TSO, VTS, SMS, CA- 1, CA-7, CA-11, CA-Dispatch, Endeavor, Job Control Language(JCL), Remedy
- Coordinate and communicate with Programmers, Analyst and Systems Contractors on Job triggering, Job dependencies, Job requirements, Job schedules and Job overrides
- Monitor Mainframe for Job contention and CPU usage
- Record Data Center temperature readings
- Start and stop printer from the Mainframe display
- Print 736s for Order listings
- Load paper for the Nuvera, clear jams, load and dispose of toner, report Xerox meter readings and clear accountability log
- Ability to develop instructions in a logical, detailed flow WORK LOCATION: FT. KNOX, KY
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jan 24, 2018, 5:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-KY-FORT KNOX
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job