Launch Integration Specialist (Job Number:433463)
SAIC has 2 openings in Launch Mission Integration support responsibilities include program plan development and maintenance, including performing launch vehicle mission trade studies, mission analysis, the development of mission unique requirements and derived requirements identification, monitoring verifying all launch vehicle and satellite vehicle interface requirements including satellite vehicle transportation and processing requirements.
Support includes an understanding of the launch services contract requirements and Launch Systems Integration Contractor (LSIC) integration service contract requirements to manage ECP incorporation, including change definition, contract modification technical evaluation, and launch operations planning and execution. Requires close coordination with the SV Program, LVC, OL, Range, and other associated contractors and organizations. Requires a working knowledge of USAF Engineering Launch Support System (ELSS) architecture and components, including the Launch Vehicle Launch Support Centers (LVLSCs) at the launch bases.
Launch Mission Integration tasks include:
- Provides space vehicle to launch vehicle nitration, manifesting, and launch expertise
- Provides Launch mission management process continuity across the Launch Enterprise
- Supports Launch Mission Management interface with internal and external divisions, agencies and contractors.
- Generates reports and presentations for PIRs, QPRs, and other launch enterprise internal and external reviews.
- Manages coordination process for planning and readiness meetings
- Performs quality assurance of all launch mission integration products assuring quality products are properly developed, coordinated and delivered
- Provides launch Mission Integration expertise for manufacturing, quality assurance and business management meetings/reviews
- Standardizes launch vehicle readiness activities where possible
- Monitor hardware issues and provides assessments in the OSL weekly report
- Monitor and assess fleet wide issues affecting mission assurance
- Assists in the development of consistent mission certification requirement process
- Provides support to mission managers for launch certification activities
- Assists in the development of launch and mission integration requirements in support of the OSL CBJB and IPBS development
- Reconciles launch requirements against mission execution plans
- Supports the collaboration efforts with NASA and USAF to assure common understanding and sharing of resources of certification activities
- Fosters collaboration with external launch partners and organizations
- Attend Launch Scheduling/Manifest Meetings as required
- Support each OSL launch campaign, throughout the launch process, by ensuring the availability of necessary Mission IT infrastructure and services as driven by satellite program and OSL requirements, including NOPS launch requirements. Mission Controls Operations support includes planning, integration, and operational support to the government team for NRO day of launch and rehearsal operation to establish the configuration of a mission control network for support of OSL operations at NOPS, CCAFS, and VAFB. These operations include but are not limited to: processing and support facility verification, training simulation, network simulation, integrated crew exercise, mission dress rehearsals, troubleshooting, processing and launch operations. The mission control network consists of the communications links (secure and non-secure voice, data, video, timing, and fax circuits) within the respective range (Eastern Range and/or Western Range) and between NOPS/AFSCN and inter- range facilities.
- Coordinate and ensure accurate integration of mission control operations documentation and test/launch operations with supporting agencies, to include the Ground Operations Working group (GOWG), the Day of Launch Working Group (DOLWG), the Integrated Communications Baseline Meeting (ICBM)
- Develop and maintain Integrated Mission Scripts (IMS) for payload operations to supplement the applicable Evolved Expendable Launch Vehicle (EELV) or other LV mission documentation
- Document the baseline configuration of the mission control network, and coordinate and document changes for the mission control network operational configuration
- Coordinate and schedule required range support for mission support operation
- Provide on-console network validation and network operations support to the Government team before and/or during the mission event at the OSL facilities that support the launch
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: TS/Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
- Clearance Level To Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor Degree (STEM) or extended relevant experience
- 10 years space launch experience
- 5 years government acquisition experience
3+ years client experience
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective working relationships with other government agencies and mission partners
- Expert knowledge of the mission integration process, to include experience working launch vehicle to space vehicle interfaces, including mechanical, electrical, mission analysis, launch and SV environments, ground operations, space vehicle transportation and processing, launch readiness, mission interface verification between LV and SV
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jan 17, 2018, 5:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-CHANTILLY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job