(N90) New York Tracon Lab Manager (Job Number:433488)
We are looking for an experienced Controller Training Contract (CTC) Lab Manager to join the SAIC TEAM providing air traffic controller training services for the Federal Aviation Administration?s (FAA). The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is responsible for ensuring that air traffic control specialists provide the flying public with a high level of safety and professionalism. A well-trained Air Traffic Control (ATC) workforce plays an essential role in fulfilling this responsibility.
The FAA employs more than 14,000 air traffic controllers. They work in air traffic facilities of varying sizes, safely separating more than 50,000 aircraft in the National Airspace System (NAS) each day. To provide such air traffic services, the FAA trains New air traffic control specialists and provides recurrent training to current air traffic control specialists. The FAA utilizes Contractor-provided instructional services at FAA ATC facilities throughout the U.S. and its Territories to ensure these training needs are met.
The scope of the contractor-provided services includes all training and training program support to successfully train and prepare students to become fully certified air traffic controllers. SAIC must provide training and training related support services as required for all types and levels of ATC facilities.
The selected candidate will support Terminal Radar Approach Control training requirements at the New York TRACON/ATCT Facility located in Westbury, NY.
- The Lab Manager assists in the overall administration of simulation exercises/scenarios using specific software and hardware in the radar and non-radar venues.
- The Lab Manager will coordinate with the appropriate course manager or lead Instructor(s).
- The Lab Manager will be responsible for ensuring lab equipment is ready to be used according to a schedule.
- The schedule includes start and stop times for scenarios and inputting specific data for initiating simulation exercises.
- The Lab Manager will monitor training positions for proper operation of equipment and will notify the appropriate office of any equipment malfunctions.
- Candidates for this position must have a minimum of a high school diploma (or equivalent) plus twelve (12) semester hours of college-level work, or the equivalent, in a computer related technical training field.
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary team (Multimedia Developers, Quality Assurance, Instructions System Designers, Subject Matter Experts, Instructors)
- Certification in either the Terminal radar lab or Enroute lab; Effective oral and written communications skills; Working knowledge of the FAAO JO 7110.65
- Effective team building skills
- MS Office Suite Proficiency (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Basic familiarization of current technologic tools (tablets, notebooks, applications, etc.).
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. for more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jan 19, 2018, 5:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-NY-WESTBURY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job