Senior-Level Java Application Programmer (Job Number:433870)
SAIC is hiring a Senior-Level Java Application Programmer
for our USDA Program in Kansas City
Create new user information solutions by designing, implementing and maintaining Java-based Web components and interfaces within a Scrum team. Contribute to the entire System Development Lifecycle (SDLC), by assessing functional and technical requirements, performing high-level and detailed design activities, writing testable and efficient code in support of those designs and testing completed implementations for functional and technical compliance prior to deployment. Update, maintain and add functionality to preexisting Java-based information solutions.
Primary Job Duties:
- Serve as the technical lead on a Scrum team consisting of developers and testers
- Decompose user specifications and technical designs provided by application architects to assign and monitor coding tasks within a Scrum team.
- Lead, and document the results of, peer code reviews.
- Create SDLC-mandated project and product documentation.
- Debug and resolve application and data issues.
- Reports to a project manager, with additional oversight provided by application architects.
- Mentor, coach and develop Scrum team members.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor?s Degree and 5 + years of software development experience utilizing Java or Master?s Degree and 3 + years of relevant Java experience
US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Must be able to obtain and maintain a Moderate Risk Public Trust clearance
- Must possess at minimum an Oracle Certified Associate Java SE x Programmer certification or must obtain an Oracle Certified Associate Java SE x Programmer certification within 120 days after hire
NOTE: x denotes Java version. A specific version is not required to meet this requirement; the candidate can achieve certification in any version offered by Oracle.
- Must be an excellent team player in a diverse culture
- Must display the ability to work under pressure
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Mar 19, 2018, 6:24:50 PM
Primary Location: United States-MO-Kansas City
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job