IT Project Manager (Job Number:433861)
SAIC is looking for a highly motivated and customer-oriented IT Project manager who is prepared to apply his/her Project Management, requirements engineering, and advanced people leadership skills to a large portfolio of challenging software development and Support projects.
Include the hands-on Management of multiple IT projects simultaneously to ensure Project success, including requirements elicitation, customer and supplier relationship Management and providing Project Management Support to system development teams made up of employees and contractor personnel who build, deploy, and Support a diverse portfolio of web- based applications using proven software engineering processes, configuration Management, and web protocols.
The ideal candidate will have significant Project Management experience and be able to partner with other IT experts to apply advanced web technologies and engage in front-end user interface development as well as server-side business logic and relational database interaction. We value excellent communication skills, agility in adapting to change, quality driven Management, proven success in working with high-performing teams, excellent customer service, and outstanding Project Management skills.
- Provides leadership and tactical planning for execution of projects by applying technical information systems domain knowledge to achieve Project objectives and deliverables.
- Estimates cost and schedule for information systems projects.
- Ensures projects are completed on time, within budget and meet the technical requirements.
- Negotiates and verifies deliverables with stakeholders - external, internal, across functional organizations.
- Understands the technical domain to identify task dependencies.
- Applies functions of standard information systems frameworks such as ITIL, CMMI, and RUP, and methodologies such as Agile, iterative, spiral and waterfall, in managing and tracking the execution of projects.
- Proactively manages changes in Project scope using change Management, identifies potential issues, and devises contingency plans, as necessary.
- Identifies potential Project risks and responds by developing risk mitigation strategies, corrective actions, risk acceptance recommendations or avoidance for all aspects of the Project.
- Develops and delivers status reporting, decision documents, and presentations.
- Identifies efficiencies and conducts lessons learned for process improvement.
- Effectively addresses Project concerns with Management.
- Bachelors Degree or higher in IT Project Management, Business Systems Analysis, Management Information Systems, or other relevant discipline, or 4 years additional equivalent experience in lieu of degree
- Technical knowledge of the Project's information systems domain (for example, software engineering, system administration, network engineering, information assurance).
- Knowledge of Project Management of information systems technical or operational work.
- Ability to make decisions requiring information systems engineering judgment.
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated leadership skills, including the ability to articulate the plan and execute the Project to successful completion.
- Proficiency in processes, tools, and applications commonly used in information systems development and Project Management.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to develop and nurture effective relationships internal and external to the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills .
- Can start uncleared. Must have the ability to obtain DOE L security clearance.
- Experience ? Experience managing IT projects
- Understanding financial and procurement processes and practices.
- Experience implementing Software Development Life Cycle processes over COTS and custom development efforts including Agile/JIT/LEAN practices, Scrum, Kanban or other development principals and methods
- Demonstrated expertise in the use of a wide array of Software Development and PM/EV tools/processes (e.g. Collabnet TeamForge, Team Foundation Server, Rally, Microsoft Project and Project Server, Primavera)
- IT Environment - Familiarity with IT infrastructure services, capabilities, and providers.
- Methodology - Familiarity with Agile, CMMI, and/or the Solutions Delivery Lifecycle.
- Process Improvement ? Successful experience improving system processes.
- LSS certification.
- Project Management - Successful experience leading projects.
- PMP certification.
- Team/Communication ? Strong teamwork and effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Performance ? A consistent record of strong performance.
- Analytical ? Proven analytical and problem- solving skills.
- Preferred candidate will possess an active DOE L or DOD S clearance, but candidate can start uncleared.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jan 31, 2018, 5:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-NM-ALBUQUERQUE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: DOE L
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job