Geospatial Systems Engineer (Job Number:433790)
- Experience in the conduct of Systems engineering activities across the full life-cycle, from concept development through transition to operations for integrated, multi-intelligence tools and technologies.
- Specific experience to include concept development, initial requirements establishment, cost refinement, technical feasibility, architecture development, and mission utility analysis, executed following formal Systems engineering waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Expertise should also include defining work-processes and workflows, identification of optimization methods, and risk identification and mitigation, and test and verification development and execution.
- Experience to include acquisition support, and specifically providing acquisition guidance and acquisition planning, drafting of RFP documentation, the development of Statements of Work (SOW), the development of evaluation criteria, and budget and cost analysis and estimation, estimates and aligning technical, financial, and contractual aspects in order to ensure that program?s requirements, cost, and schedule are met successfully.
- Expertise in the identification, development and application of geospatial intelligence sources, technologies and applications.
- Experience should include an understanding of and demonstrated experience with mission planning, collection management, and exploitation of Imagery from electro-optical and radar sensors, and in the dissemination and distribution of related products and data to and across tactical Systems and architectures.
- Should have demonstrated understanding and experience with the national, commercial and tactical collection, processing and storage Systems.
- Performs Systems Engineering activities related to Information Technology or Engineering including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, Systems integration, system & op. performance analysis, Lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, decision analysis and physical configuration analysis (PCA) .
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total Systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications.
- Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- From an information technology perspective, may be concerned with floor layout, power & cooling, data storage, infrastructure management, backup, monitoring, operating Systems, Directory services, identity management, access management, and automation.
- Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: TS/SCI with Poly
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree in a STEM area 2 years experience in NRO, NGA and/or Intelligence Community
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Masters Degree in a STEM area 5 years experience in NRO, NGA and/or Intelligence Community INCOSE Certification
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of Systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jan 30, 2018, 5:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-CHANTILLY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job