Cyberspace Operations Engineer II: End Point Security Engineer Senior (Job Number:433528)
The National Security Customer Group of SAIC currently has a full-time position for a Cyberspace Operations Engineer to support the United States Cyber Command (USCYBERCOM) J3, Fort Meade, Maryland.
The successful candidate communicates complex programmatic Cyber planning information, orally and in writing, elicits understanding and support from professional peers and non-specialists. Demonstrates broad, expert knowledge of the Command?s Cyber missions, authorities, and capabilities as well as equivalent information regarding the roles and responsibilities of the Command?s external program partners which includes (but not limited to) other DoD commands and agencies, other U.S. Government agencies and key partners. Evaluates and conducts development of Cyberspace Operations (CO) requirements and assists in creating CO Lines of Operations (LOO). The End Point Security Support Engineer conducts gap analysis activities and provides analysis and recommendations reports for alleviating shortfalls and capability gaps on DoD policy and guidance as well as shortfalls on network/system architectural designs. Provides technical expertise, programmatic, and operational planning support for implementing Endpoint Security products across the DODIN enterprise and providing status update briefings. Provides analysis and recommendation reports on the identification of an automated analytical standard to be used as an enterprise architectural framework. Provides input to, and updating implementation policy and guidance for the configuration, implementation, monitoring, and expansion of Endpoint Security products and associated architecture, and for contributing to the development of overarching DoD-level guidance and standards for managing DoD network trends, performance, and functionality. Compiles and analyzes network traffic reports and logs in support of subordinate compiling incident response and disseminating analysis reports at the appropriate classification level(s), and maintaining the reports in associated repositories (i.e., Fusion Matrix or similar). Deconflicts new exploits and security vulnerabilities, analyzes trends of malicious code, documents host/network signatures, and develops mitigation and remediation strategies for dissemination to Combatant Command/Service/Agency/Field Activities (CC/S/A/FA). Conducts strategic analyses on various products, such as DoD component reporting and Intelligence Community reporting products, providing analysis, and coordinating with the JOC and CC/S/A/FAs to address areas of concern. Collaborates with the DISA and other stakeholders to assist in developing programmatic oversight requirements for future Endpoint Security product capabilities of evolving software security baselines and operating system compatibility efforts; and developing content (i.e., dashboards, queries, and reports) to support ad hoc and recurring mission tasking, as well as facilitate data pulls with supplemental queries and/or dashboard development.
Daily activities include:
- Research and analyzes cybersecurity capabilities to satisfy data protection requirements Evaluates products against the customer?s operational requirements
- Assist with the implementation of security solutions
- Researches, develops requirements, evaluates, tests, and implements new or improved information security software, devices or systems
- Applies a combination of expert engineering knowledge of enterprise IT and security solutions to ensure they are consistent with enterprise architecture security policies
- Provides planning, policy, requirements, and integration support for Cyber capabilities and identifies opportunities for mission enhancement
- Researches, designs, develops, and implements proof of concept data protection solutions to address vulnerabilities and assists in highly focused, quick-turnaround market research regarding technology trends and/or potential solutions to address specific requirements
- Assists in the evaluation of industry offerings to identify products and technologies with the potential to support the security design, and troubleshoot and problem solve technical and non-technical issues
- Develops, integrates, and maintains operational TTPs and SOPs
- Recommends network management policies and procedures for implementation
- Identifies DODIN Ops and DCO enterprise management tool requirements and evaluates operational standards and tools for use
- Maintains in- depth knowledge in IT standards, protocols, and methods of exploitation Coordinates network defense Operations with DOD Component Commands/Services/Agencies/Field Activities (CC/S/A/FAs), Intelligence Agencies, LAW Enforcement (LE), and U.S. Government organizations.
Minimum fourteen (14) years of experience as a Cyberspace Operations Engineer or related functional area Minimum of Bachelor?s Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, or related discipline, or twelve (12) years of experience with a Master's Degree
- Minimum DOD 8140/DOD 8570 IAM Level II Certification (CAP, CISM, CASP, CISSP, GSLC)
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skill
- ACTIVE TS/SCI with Polygraph
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jan 19, 2018, 5:00:00 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-Fort Meade
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job