Raytheon Solipsys is searching for a talented Principal Software Engineer with an aptitude to work on Software-intense distributed systems. Raytheon Solipsys is an industry leader in the development of integrated C4I Network Centric Warfare solutions for both the Domestic and International DoD and this candidate will be engaged with exciting and innovative advancements in Multi-Sensor and Information Fusion, Networked Situational Awareness, and Visualization technologies.
The successful candidate will report to the Director of Software Engineering and serve as a supervisor within the department. As In this position, the candidate will be responsible for a group of Software engineers working on various internal and external programs. In addition, the candidate will continue to serve in direct technical roles on various programs.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Oversee the execution of the Performance Development System for assigned staff and staff development.
- Provide oversight for all work products that come out of the group.
- Support the development of proposals, including technical solution, price, and schedule content.
- Empower Software Engineering staff to excel by ensuring proper training, removing barriers, and providing constructive feedback.
- Schedule resources and ensure staffing requirements are met.
- Full life cycle development including Software requirements, design, development, debug & test in various Software languages such as C++ &/or JAVA.
- Software development in JAVA and/or C++ within the context of the full Software development life cycle, including: Software requirements, design, development, debug and test.
- Use design patterns and methodologies in order to build high quality systems; maintain compliance to appropriate standards.
- Identify and evaluating new technologies to increase productivity and support strategic product development
- Stay abreast of new & diversified scientific, technical, & Engineering techniques.
- Represent the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
- Oversee Software analysis, requirements analysis, peer review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, and Software reliability analysis.
- Coordinate with other managers and technical leads concerning project execution, operational decisions, scheduling requirements, and contractual issues.
- Conduct briefings and technical meetings for internal and external representatives.
- Ensure the proper execution of organizational and department policies and procedures and support CMMI efforts.
- Ability to obtain a government Secret clearance.
- Travel - up to 25%
- 8+ years relevant work experience in Software development using JAVA and/or C++.
- 8+ years relevant work experience in Software development using Object Oriented Design methodologies.
- 8+ years relevant work experience using SW Development tools.
- 8+ years relevant work experience with full lifecycle development including exposure to Software requirements, design, development, debug and test.
- 2+ years leadership/supervisory/management experience with a group of Software engineers.
Required Education (including Major):
- Proactive leadership skills ? proven ability to recognize issues early and to lead and motivate teams by making smaller, decisive corrections to avoid larger problems.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with ability to coordinate the activities of multiple engineers working on a diversity of programs, and lead efforts that span a range of activities from proposal development/cost estimation, conceptual design and development through deployment phase of the projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work to a schedule and meet deliverable dates.
- Demonstrated skills with C++ related Technologies: Boost/STL/Standard C++ Library/etc.
- Demonstrated skills and training with C++ and/or JAVA in a Unix environment.
- Experience in developing applications using Java Standard Edition, Java Enterprise Edition (JEE), JBoss Application Server (JBoss AS), JBoss Enterprise Service Bus (JBoss ESB), and Service Oriented Architecture.
- Experience with relational and geospatial database design and development, including experience with database servers such as: Oracle and PostgreSQL. This also includes experience with NoSQL databases.
- Experience developing applications using Object Oriented Design methodologies using SW Development tools.
- Demonstrated ability to report progress via accepted communication channels such as email, JIRA, and/or Confluence.
- Strong oral & written communication skills & proven leadership skills.
- Ability to engage & build positive relationships with both customers & internal & external employees.
- Ability to coach & mentor junior/mid-level/senior employees.
- Ability to react to change, handles tasks productively, & achieves results in a matrix environment.
- Ability to react to change and handle other tasks productively.
- Demonstrated ability to document designs.
- B.S./B.A. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other related Engineering discipline (Computer Science preferred).
This position can be a G10 Principal Software
Engineer I or G11 Sr Principal Software
Engineer based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience, and responsibility requirements for the position.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.