The Hardware Engineering Center (HWEC) is an engineering organization that focuses on Mechanical product design, producibility, and mission assurance. It is a vital link in the integrated product development process that allows Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems to introduce reliable new products faster, better, and more economically. Position is with the Antenna and Electronic Subsystem Mechanical Design Engineering Department in El Segundo, California.
Job Related Activities:
- Perform conceptual and detailed mechanical design of High Density Electronic packaging designs and Electronic components / devices for space applications and airborne defense applications.
- Design electronic packaging chassis and structures, interconnects, high density electronic systems and electronic enclosures.
- Adhere to design constraints of Size, Weight and Power and Design to Cost for related program.
- Follow established procedures in the creation of technical data packages while working closely with program / functional supervision to ensure that the overall design objectives are met.
- Actively work with immediate section manager, team lead, project leaders and other personnel (peers) within the applicable program.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in mechanical engineering design and product support; with leadership role desired.
- Ability to apply high level principles, theories, and concepts within the mechanical engineering field and good knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Direct experience in developing detail mechanical designs and documentation packages for RF, Electronic and/or mechanical systems.
- Experience with RF and electro-mechanical program manufacturing Operations and processes.
- Experience in design assembly and integration of mechanical, RF electronic systems.
- Proficiency in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance analysis for drawings.
- Proficiency with PTC CREO (Pro/Engineer) modeling and analysis tools.
- Experience with M/S Office Tools i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Experience in developing conceptual designs in support of new business initiatives.
- Active DoD Secret security with SSBI clearance with the ability to obtain additional clearances.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Additional CAD and analysis software experience.
- Working knowledge of Thermal and Structural analysis tools.
- Working knowledge of Environmental testing equipment, procedures and qualification activities.
B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.Desired Education:
Advanced degree in a related field.
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment. 110597
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.