EO Systems Engineer (Job Number:434095)
Performs Systems Engineering activities related to Information Technology or Engineering including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, Systems integration, system & op. performance analysis, Lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, decision analysis and physical configuration analysis (PCA).
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total Systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications.
- Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- From an information technology perspective, may be concerned with floor layout, power & cooling, data storage, infrastructure management, backup, monitoring, operating Systems, directory services, identity management, access management, and automation. (It should be understood that this is not intended to be a detailed nor comprehensive description of any individual employee's Job content. Managers set the specific duties and responsibilities for each employee).
- Applies extensive technical expertise and has full knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet objectives.
- Provides guidance to subordinates to achieve goals in accordance with established policies.
- Work is reviewed and measured based on meeting objectives and schedules.
- Establishes and recommends changes to policies which affect subordinate organization(s).
- PROBLEM COMPLEXITY: Develops technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- FREEDOM TO ACT: Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective for desired results. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- IMPACT: Guides the succesful completion of major programs. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve major organizational objectives.
- LIASON: Represents organization as prime technical contact on contracts and projects. Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in engineering, science, or related discipline.
- Expertise in design, analysis, manufacture and testing of optical components, particularly space telescopes.
- Knowledge of Systems engineering as applied to satellite/ground architectures, spacecraft and payloads.
- Experience with the government acquisition cycle, requirements processes, budgetary practices and acquisition documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and energetic environment.
- Effective interpersonal skills, strong briefing and writing skills.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of Systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Feb 14, 2018, 7:23:25 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-CHANTILLY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job