Space Command and CONTROL Capability ENGINEER (Job Number:434178)
SAIC is hiring a Space Command and CONTROL Capability ENGINEER in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Provide technical operations advice to the SSDP/BMC2 Division, leveraging operational space (and other domain) Battle Management, Command and CONTROL (BMC2) experience.
- Identify, analyze and provide recommendations regarding potential improvements to space BMC2 operating concepts, capabilities, and tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
- Employ facets of the Joint Operational Planning Process to conduct detailed planning to fully develop options, identify resources, and identify and mitigate operational risk.
- Provide recommendations to improve current operational processes.
- Evaluate development of planning and operations tools that help define what actions and decisions need to be made to successfully execute COAs?to include branches and sequels based on triggers
- Monitor and assess lessons learned from wargames, exercises and space protection operational engagement to further inform BMC2 concept, capability and TTP development
- Leverage and assist with synchronization efforts of personnel in multiple organizations
- Present SSDP leadership with viable options to integrate SSDP developed products into operational community Mandatory
Education and Experience:
- BS (or equivalent) and 9 years of experience related to Air Operations Center operations or equivalent in other domain.
- Operating space-domain, and related, capabilities that deliver effects to warfighters o Understanding of the space-based DoD and NRO systems and operations
- Applying analytical problem-solving related to tactical, operational and strategic warfare planning and execution
- Familiarity with operational C2 systems, which include Space-based sensors and sensor-to-shooter timelines
- Knowledge, understanding and experience with space CONTROL scenarios in exercises and wargames is a plus
- Proven ability to work without appreciable direction, and determine technical objectives of assignment with considerable latitude.
- Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective for desired results.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Master?s Degree in space- related field of study.
- Active TS (SSBI, with BI within last 5 years) clearance with SCI eligibility and ability to obtain higher level clearances and polygraph
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Feb 14, 2018, 3:46:30 PM
Primary Location: United States-CO-COLORADO SPRINGS
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job