Lockheed Martin (www.lockheedmartin.com)
full-time employee contract
At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach ? and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
This position is for a Systems Engineer with 5th Generation Pilot Fighter Experience to work with the F-35 JSF Full Mission Simulator team. This position requires 5th Generation fighter pilot experience to provide relevant aviation expertise to F-35 simulator development program, including system design, requirement analysis, Training Task List assessment, Integration & Test support, and liaison activities with customer/USG representatives. Additionally, position requires ability to provide expert-level analysis and evaluation of F-35 Mission Systems simulation and assessment of overall training system effectiveness to support F-35 simulator development and deployment activities for Block 3F OFP.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Provide subject matter expertise support to F-35 simulator development program, including simulator test missions in F-35 Full Mission Simulator and various simulator development devices ? support software maturation, mission effectiveness assessments, and Test Readiness Reviews
- Determine adequacy and effectiveness of F-35 simulator to accomplish operational mission sets defined by DoD services and foreign customers, including tactics, techniques and procedure training, mission rehearsal, and various service/country-specific training mission tasks
- Act as F-35 Mission Systems expert and point of contact for simulator developmental engineers, including assistance to program manager with research, assessment, engagement, academics, troubleshooting, and operational employment enhancements
- Develop and present various capability and system operational briefings; support test plan development, mission planning, and mission analysis efforts
- Interface with operational and test squadrons to provide Mission Systems and Vehicle Systems information in a timely manner to support successful completion of F-35 simulator development
- Supports simulator multi-spectral database development, providing aviation expertise for training tasks associated with launch and recovery procedures from DoD and foreign airfields, as well as Aircraft carrier flight operations
- Provide classified and unclassified training and instruction to software developers, including F-35 system controls and displays, and Aircraft Mission System and weapon performance and limitations
- Support F-35 mission simulation follow-on development and sustainment activities
Bachelor?s degree from an accredited university/college in an engineering and/or aviation related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 9 years or more of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Master?s degree.
Proven experience with 5th Generation fighter operations, training, and tactics employment
Experience briefing operational, training and test personnel and military leaders
Excellent communications skills
Although this position is posted as a first shift job, we are running an active test program which will require shift work, overtime, and weekend work. Employees must be willing to be flexible with respect to scheduling.
Occasional travel may be required.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access. This position requires a Final Secret Clearance prior to employment start
5+ years of experience in 5th Generation tactical Aircraft employment, operations, missions, and training
Proven experience working as a Systems Engineer, a Systems Integrator and/or a Test Engineer
F-35 or F-22 Instructor Pilot qualification experience highly desired.
Weapons Instructor Course or equivalent program graduate desired.
Current Top Secret Clearance or F-35 Program Clearance desired.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin?s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers? toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we?re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Orlando Florida