NX CAD Analyst (Job Number:434161)
- SAIC is currently seeking a Design Engineer Associate to support reverse engineering programs for foreign and domestic weapon systems.
- The candidate will be required to work closely with government customers and peers in a fast paced environment to develop and apply SAIC processes used in 3D model development.
- The candidate will be required to use Siemens NX Computer Aided Design (CAD) software to develop models from photographs, drawings, measurements taken directly from hardware, and point cloud data obtained using laser scanners.
- The resulting models will be used for analysis in various engineering domains including RF signature prediction, IR prediction, and CFD analysis.
- Convert 2D drawings, legacy CAD models, ideas and concepts, and dimensions taken from photographs or hardware into 3D CAD models using Siemens NX.
- Develop 2D drawings from 3D models using Siemens NX.
- Produce polygonal meshes from 3D CAD geometry suitable for end-use engineering analysis such as RF signature production, IR signature production, and CFD analyses.
- Proficient knowledge of computer systems and Siemens NX.
- Working knowledge of parent/child relationships in a Design document hierarchy.
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated, and able to perform in a fast paced environment that will require excellent communication skills when interfacing with customers and peers.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor?s Degree in Design Engineering Technology, Industrial Technology, Math, Computer Engineering/Science or equivalent and 5+ years? experience in 3D modeling or CAD is desired. Or, Associates Degree in Mechanical Design and Drafting or equivalent and 7+ years? experience in 3D modeling and CAD. 10+ years of direct experience with Mechanical Design and CAD model development without a degree.
- Must have a TS/SCI and either possess or able to obtain CI poly security clearance.
Additional Desired Skills:
- Experience with McNeel Rhinoceros, SolidWorks, Creo, and PhotoModeler
- Experience with point cloud processing software such as Polyworks and Geomagic, and experience with metrology tools such as a coordinate measurement machines (CMMs) and laser scanners.
- Experience with NX TeamCenter, SolidWorks Enterprise PDM, and Windchill
- Have a working understanding of mechanical Design best practices, such as proper tolerancing, the dimensioning of assembled components from common origins, etc., and the ability to verify that best practices were followed across multiple components in an assembly.
- Have a clear understanding of ASME Y14 and MIL-STD-31000A specifications, and their practical application.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Feb 26, 2018, 4:51:08 PM
Primary Location: United States-AL-HUNTSVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job