Continuity of Operations Specialist (TS/SCI w/ Polygraph Required) (Job Number:434146)
SAIC is looking for a Business Continuity Planner to support efforts in Hanover, MD.
- Supports organizational planning to address disasters, interruptions of business functions and enterprise resilience.
- Interprets government regulations and applicable directives, and advises government management on the best course of action to meet program goals, objectives and compliance with program mandates.
- Assists with the development of plans for continuity of essential functions and resumption of complete business operations.
- Monitors business and operation changes to ensure plans remain current and valid.
- Performs business process analysis analysis/business impact analysis (BPA/BIA), risk assessments of mission essential functions and/or information systems in accordance with federal directives and industry best practices.
- Prepares and conducts training briefings and overviews to educate workforce personnel.
- Prepares and submits position and information papers in response to government requirements.
Level 1 Business Continuity Planner shall be able to perform in a technical role, working as a member of a team to analyze problems and implement technical solutions.
- Knowledge of Business Continuity Planning process
- Assist in business continuity planning, analysis and risk management
- Assist in designing, coordinating and conducting continuity exercises in accordance with (IAW) Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Exercise Evaluation Program (HSEEP) guidelines
- Research, formulate and document reconstitution and devotion strategies
- Candidate clearable up to Top Secret with Poly level- not necessarily to have the clearance to start.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- At a minimum, a Bachelor?s degree from an accredited college or university and five (5) years of experience performing one (1) or more of the following areas;
- Continuity of Government
- Continuity of Operations
- Business Continuity Planning
- Crisis Management
- Continuity Strategic Planning and Policy
- Enterprise Risk Management
- National level homeland security or continuity of operations exercises
- Two (2) of the five (5) years of experience must be supporting a major public corporation, state, federal department/agency or U.S. Intelligence Community component continuity (or closely related) program.
- Certification through the Disaster Recovery Institute International or Business Continuity Institute (CBCP, CPSCP, MBCI) and four (4) additional years of experience may be substituted for a bachelor?s degree.
- One (1) year experience with developing continuity plans using an automated commercial/government or similar continuity planning tool required.
- Completion of the FEMA Continuity of Operations Excellence Series- Level 1 (Professional Continuity Practitioner) required.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Feb 15, 2018, 4:59:50 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-COLUMBIA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job