Job ID: 422443BR
Date posted: Feb. 18, 2018
City: Niagara Falls
State: New York
Description:Exciting opportunity to join Lockheed Martin designing and manufacturing mission critical components in a very unique setting. We are looking for experienced professionals to join the team who will bring a level of professionalism, drive, and required skills to maintain required production volume. Growing the team to support current and future demand will be critical to the success of the program.
• Perform a variety of operations to assemble precision electromechanical products such as accelerometers, gyros.
• Work in a clean room environment in a full gown.
• Work under a microscope at magnifications from 10X-50X.
• Precision clean components using a combination of solvents, vacuum and probes.
• Assemble delicate components with epoxies.
• Work with and solder electrical interconnects from 0.001”-0.003” diameter under microscope
• Perform work using Travelers and detailed work instructions.
• Maintain documentation and required records on travelers.
Due to the unique skill set required for the Model XI program, Lockheed Martin is utilizing a 120 day probationary period which includes successfully passing all of the Model XI Sensor Builder Requirements, which will be evaluated after each builder skill demonstration period. The expectation is that all demonstrations will be completed prior to the end of the probationary period. The purpose of the probationary period is to provide a period of time during which new hire employees can be evaluated to determine their performance and ability to successfully meet the Model XI Sensor Builder Evaluation Requirements. Failure to meet one or more of the builder skill demonstration requirements of the Model XI Sensor Builder Evaluation, which will be determined at the full discretion of Lockheed Martin, will result in termination from Lockheed Martin without severance eligibility.
• Superior eye-hand coordination.
• Visual acuity in working with microscopes.
• Fine finger dexterity/ including grasping or pinching and a steady hand.
• Outstanding attention to detail.
• Experience with miniature precision devices and components.
• Experience working in an ISO/clean room environment.
• Experience in using a Microscope to assemble miniature parts into assemblies (such as watch making, jewelry, medical devices, hybrid microelectronics, accelerometer, gyros).
• High level of manual dexterity and attention to detail.
• IPC-A-610 and/or IPC J-STD-001 certification.
• Good communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Experience Level: Hourly/Non-Exempt
Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Manufacturing
Clearance Level: None
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: TEMPO: 9X80A - Standard Fri to Fri (Flex & Rigid)