Lockheed Martin (www.lockheedmartin.com)
full-time employee contract
This requisition is for an experienced Systems Engineering role within the RMS Airborne Electronic Warfare (EW) organization supporting government airborne platforms. In general, the tasks involved in this position are highly technical and focused on electronic warfare; RF emitters and antennas, their use and limitations; and the computing systems that are used in this domain.
General tasks may include:
- Leading a team of Systems and Integration & Test Engineers.
- Evaluating or developing complex system designs and architectures.
- Performing subsystem level integration and test of complex EW systems.
- Reviewing, developing and documenting system level operational concepts and requirements.
- Developing and analyzing EW algorithms.
- Performing lab debug and analysis of EW system issues.
- Supporting data analysis.
- Supporting proposal development activities.
Lockheed Martin Owego provides Electronic Warfare Systems Engineering expertise for a wide variety of airborne platforms used by the Department of Defense and International military customers. The Owego campus has over 45 years supporting EW development with over 3000 systems developed and fielded Worldwide.
Owego, New York is located about 200 miles northwest of New York City and about 75 miles south of Syracuse New York. Owego sits just north of the border with Pennsylvania and is part of what's known as the Southern Tier" section of New York State. The region is home to Binghamton University and Cornell University. Niagara Falls, NYC, & Philadelphia are all within a few hours? drive from Owego. Rolling hillsides, historic homes, quaint country shops, riverside restaurants, unique farm tours, fabulous festivals and a beautiful river make this region a great place to live.
- Strong background in EW or RF systems.
- Strong computer skills for modeling, simulation, and analysis as well as preparing appropriate reports and technical documents: MATLAB, Python, MS Word/ Excel/ PowerPoint/Project/Visio etc.
- Strong background in modeling and algorithm development.
- Strong communication skills required for interfacing with customers and users.
- Minimum of Secret.
- Hardware, Firmware or Software development experience.
- Understands radar operation and employment.
- Ability to communicate on all levels both verbally and in writing, with internal and external customers; demonstrated technical leadership.
- Strong presentation skills. Ability to work as a company engineering representative at customer locations.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin?s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers? toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we?re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Owego New York