Raytheon IDS, Portsmouth RI
Information Technology Team
Manager II, Computer System Analysis
IT Manager, Systems Administration, Program Execution
Be a part of cutting edge Technology and Innovation.
The Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems (IDS), IT organization is currently seeking a Manager, Systems Administration to lead a team of System Administrators in Portsmouth, RI.
Our IT organization ensures that Raytheon teammates across the globe are able to communicate, collaborate and innovate for customer success. We create leading-edge technology solutions to prevent security threats, protect the integrity of our systems and support Raytheon?s IT infrastructures around the world.
As a Manager for IT Systems Administration you will manage and lead a team of system administrators responsible for Day-to-Day operations and maintenance support of computers, servers, and software platforms. This position will serve as the primary IT point of contact for Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) program stakeholders.
Our IT managers support and monitor program execution, review computing infrastructure designs and architecture, collaborate to increase IT technical and organizational capabilities across IDS, and support programs throughout their entire lifecycle. In this role, you will have the responsibility for all aspects of people management including: staffing, staff development, training, tool and process development and deployment, and administration of performance appraisals.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of Day one of employmentRequired Skills:
- Assignment of projects and tasks
- Managing employee performance
- Administer time reporting and new hire training
- Recruiting, orientation and onboarding of new employees
- Working through the team, ensure the computing infrastructure hardware, operating systems, applications and communications networks remain in optimal working order
- Assist in the analysis of existing information systems and process flows for operational efficiencies and identify potential enhancements. Develop improved procedures and/or recommend corrective action
- Evaluate proposed computer solutions and approving proposals or recommending alternatives.
- Review partner requirements and specifications and developing strategies to meet these requirements
- Prepare and submit periodic progress reports and accomplishments to the next level of leadership.
- Domestic or international travel may be required
- 8+ years of experience designing, integrating, and certifying high-availability Windows/LINUX/UNIX systems
- Experience with Windows operating systems, including Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 2K3 Server, Windows 2008 and Windows 2012 Server
- Experience managing teams of IT Professionals
- Experience in working with Linux, Solaris and UNIX
- US DoD Secret Clearance - US Citizenship Required
Required Education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related field What We Offer: Whether you?re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
- Experience with virtualization tools including VMWare and Citrix
- Five years of experience managing teams of at least 6-10+ members is desired
- Knowledge of Active Directory and group policy management
- Understanding of fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts
- Working knowledge of data storage and data backup technologies
- Programming or scripting experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of current DSS/ DoD 8570.1 and Raytheon Classified computing practices and guidelines
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong organizational, teamwork and collaboration skills
- Ability to work with limited supervision and technical direction
- Security+ or CISSP certification, or willingness to obtain within 6 months of employment
- Experience with AWS or Azure deployment
- Active Top Secret Clearance
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.