Ground Combat Vehicle Mechanic (Job Number:434262)
The applicant will:
- Perform joint limited technical inspection on Ground Combat vehicles.
- Perform prevent maintenance checks and services (PMCS) on Ground Combat vehicles.
- Diagnose, repair and sustain electrical Systems on Ground Combat vehicles.
- Diagnose, repair and sustain hydraulic Systems on Ground Combat vehicles.
- Diagnose, repair and sustain fuel Systems on Ground Combat vehicles.
- Diagnose, repair and sustain automotive and drive train Systems on Ground Combat vehicles.
- Diagnose, repair and sustain suspension Systems on Ground Combat vehicles.
- Diagnose, repair and sustain water propulsion and water steering Systems on Ground Combat vehicles.
- Diagnose, repair and sustain survivability and vulnerability Systems on Ground Combat vehicles.
- Apply/install modifications in accordance with Engineer change proposal, and modification kit instructions.
- Document and maintain maintenance logs on all preventive and corrective maintenance tasks completed on Ground Combat vehicles.
- Conduct preventive and corrective maintenance during Correction Action Periods.
- Provide technical information to testing engineers to support test incident report (TIR) screening, the Failure Prevention Review Board (FPRB), technical review boards (TRB), and configuration control boards (CCB).
- Report design issues and discrepancies utilizing our Problem Reporting process in Windchill.
- Maintain tool and inventory control for all support equipment and resources required to maintain and sustain Ground Combat vehicles.
- Maintain maintenance and service records, process maintenance requests, and track and report equipment status and ensure the operational readiness of assigned equipment.
- Perform technical research, participate in task review, technical manual reviews
- Ensure execution of assigned tasks is completed in accordance with organizational standards and established deadlines in order to achieve maximum equipment availability.
- Applicant will be required to execute above responsibilities in fast paced dynamic and demanding work environment under limited supervision.
- AA Degree in related discipline and three (3) years related experience; Or, High School and five (5) years related experience
- Must have a minimum of 4 years of experience with Marine Corps Ground Combat Vehicle maintenance support. Experience with Assault Amphibious Vehicles and Light Armored Vehicles is highly recommended.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of Systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Feb 23, 2018, 10:47:22 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-ABERDEEN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job