full-time employee contract
ManTech is actively seeking talented professionals eager to ?secure the future? supporting mission critical programs and solving some of the toughest problems critical to our great Nation's security. We are looking for a motivated individual to join our growing team supporting a high-visibility program as a Project Manager in Norfolk, VA.
To be considered, one must currently hold a current / active SECRET clearance
Duties and Responsibilities:
- As the designated on-site Project lead, oversee and manage the Project team (10+ personnel), and integrate and coordinate the accomplishment and achievement of assigned tasks and Project objectives.
- Develop comprehensive Project plans in support of the customer their staff members and other employees.
- Be involved in the Project from initiation to closing, and ensure the planning for, execution, analysis, and refinement of this Project is customer focused and from their perspective, improves performance, and completely meets customer?s needs.
- Support operational planning requirements for various audiences using professional planning systems (MCPP, JOPES, APEX and JOPP) and support the development of reports, doctrine and policy.
- Support, coordinate and attend professional exchanges, including in-progress reviews, quarterly command-level decision forums, and doctrinal reviews and conferences hosted by other services, higher headquarters, and other government agencies.
- Support the sustainment of functional relationships with all service and Joint mission-related organizations.
- Meet with clients on a consistent basis to inform, understand and clarify the specific requirements of the Project as IT progresses overtime.
- Delegate Project tasks based on staff members? individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels.
- Track Project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short- and long-term goals and ensure timely reporting to customer and the Program Manager.
- Assess and meet fiscal goals and make adjustments to Project constraints based on monthly financial analysis.
- Continually develop your team.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience in force management and generation, and operational planning and execution.
- Experience supporting major, multi-faceted programs with industry recognized, standard planning techniques, systems and programs.
- Demonstrated ability to handle and properly prioritize multiple tasks in a high-tempo, high-pressure environment by relying on a high level of independent judgment, initiative, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a high tempo, high stress environment independently and on a team interacting daily with midgrade officers and senior executive leaders.
- Possess strong written and oral communication, organization, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with software related collaboration and Project management tools, and experience with process improvement and control.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- PMP Certification
- Professional business, operational planning education, training and experience.
- Experience supporting joint operational requirements and future force planning.
- Prior military and/or government agency experience.
- SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED
o Required: BS or BA in business, engineering, mathematics, operations research, military science, or a related technical discipline.
o Desired: Master's Degree from an accredited university in business, engineering, mathematics, operations research, military science, or a related technical discipline.
- Experience: At least five (8) years of experience in an operational / Project management position, directly related to modern military operations.
Position Type Full-Time