Lead Cloud Architect (Job Number:434414)
SAIC is looking for highly motivated and experienced Cloud Architect to support the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) in Ft. Belvoir, VA. The selected candidate will be an expert in all aspects of Cloud Architecture, providing team and general leadership in infrastructure migration methodologies and techniques, including large scale application migrations into the Cloud in a large 24x7 enterprise environment.
- Directly supervises a team of 3-5 engineering, governance, and operations team leads.
- Designs, plans, and integrates Cloud computing and virtualization systems, with a focus on Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Provides specific, detailed information for hardware and software selection, Cloud service provider selection, implementation techniques, application & data migration techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Develops and conducts testing of Cloud and virtualization systems.
- Maintains technical expertise relevant industry standards and in Cloud computing and virtualization technologies such as Cloud service provider architecture, design, and configuration; Cloud deployment models including public, community, private, and hybrid; Cloud service delivery models including infrastructure-, platform-, and software-as-a-service; automation; hypervisors; containers; virtual compute, storage, and networks; virtual infrastructure management; self-provisioning; and scaling.
- Evaluates and reports on new Cloud and virtualization technologies to enhance capabilities of Cloud- based and virtualized services.
- May also provide systems engineering activities such as: Concept of Operations Formulation, Requirements Definition, Analysis and Engineering, System Architecting, System Analysis and Design, Interface and Data Architectures, Validation and Verification, System Integration, System & Op. Performance Analysis, Lifecycle Cost Analysis & Estimation, Decision Analysis and Physical Configuration Analysis (PCA).
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Manages team members who exercise significant latitude and independence.
- Establishes operational objectives and work plans, and delegates assignments to subordinates.
- Interacts frequently with internal and external management and senior-level customer representatives concerning projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements, and/or contractual clarifications.
- Leads briefings and technical meetings for internal and external representatives.
- US Citizenship is required
- Must currently possess an active DoD Secret clearance
Required Experience, Education, and Certifications:
- BA/BS engineering or related IT, System Engineering, or STEM degree (or an additional 4 years of related experience in lieu of degree)
- Minimum 14 years' Systems Engineering or related experience
- 4+ years of experience as an IT Infrastructure Architect, with focus on Cloud, server, storage, and networking
- 3+ years of experience with MS Azure and AWS
- 2+ years of experience leading Cloud Computing teams and projects in a large, regulated enterprise environment
- In depth understanding of Cloud Migration methodologies and best practices
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- AWS Solutions Architect Associate certification is required (Professional strongly preferred)
- MCSA: Cloud Platform certification (MCSE: Cloud Platform and Integration strongly preferred)
Desired Experience and Certifications:
- 1+ year experience with additional Cloud technologies (e.g., S3, VMware)
- 1+ year experience with AWS GovCloud, C2S strongly preferred
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jul 3, 2018, 4:12:07 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-FORT BELVOIR
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job