Lockheed Martin (www.lockheedmartin.com)
full-time employee contract
At Lockheed Martin Rotary & Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach ? and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
This position is for an experienced Printed Wiring Board (PWB) layout engineer. The successful candidate will complete placement and layout of High Density Interconnect (HDI) high speed printed wiring boards (PWBs) utilizing tools such as Zuken CR-5000 and Cadence Allegro. Boards will consist of digital and RF mixed designs. Position requires the direct interaction and collaboration with Electrical, Mechanical, Manufacturing and EMI engineers. Candidate will be responsible for layout from placement through fabrication artwork generation. Must be detailed oriented with the ability to effectively communicate status and maintain high visibility critical program schedules.
The Locale: Owego, New York is located about 200 miles northwest of New York City and about 75 miles south of Syracuse New York. Owego sits just north of the border with Pennsylvania and is part of what's known as the "Southern Tier" section of New York State. The region is home to Binghamton University and Cornell University. Niagara Falls, NYC, & Philadelphia are all within a few hours? drive from Owego. Rolling hillsides, historic homes, quaint country shops, riverside restaurants, unique farm tours, fabulous festivals and a beautiful river make this region a great place to live. Owego is one of the ?Coolest Small Towns? according to a contest that is running on www.budgettravel.com.
- A minimum of 5+ years experience laying out printed wiring boards using software such as CR-5000, Mentor Graphics or Cadence is required.
- Experience with advanced analog and high speed digital PWB layout design techniques..
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Zuken CR-5000 or other PWB design tool experience (Mentor Graphics or Cadence) is desired.
- Experience with flex and rigid flex PWB design
- Experience with multi-layer, single and double sided designs
- Experience with blind, buried, and micro vias with sequential laminate composition
- Experience routing High Speed, Highly constrained digital interfaces including PCIe, DDR3 Memory and Gigabit Ethernet.
- Experience with fine pitch surface mount devices with a pitch <1mm
- Experience leading a team of 3 or more individuals focused on Printed Wiring Board Layout
- Experience designing PWBs for producibility and reliability (IPC-610)
- Experience developing PWBs for EMI/EMC applications (DO-160, MIL-STD-461)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin?s team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers? toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we?re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Owego New York