• The Cloud Engineer/Software Engineer position is responsible for providing engineering, coding and development support for Cloud services such as software or infrastructure as a service (SaaS or IaaS, respectively).
• Support shall include planning, design, installation support management and maintenance on complex distributed networks with multiple classification enclaves and integrated with DoD C2 systems utilizing associated information assurance processes/procedures.
• He/she will be responsible for transforming high-level/low-level enterprise design artifacts into a working, representative test system within a lab environment, developing pass/fail criteria, performing controlled testing, capturing and analyzing results, optimizing system performance, and troubleshooting anomalies.
• He/she will work closely with Government engineers during all stages of testing and be responsible for working with other enterprise disciplines as previously-tested component systems are later integrated into larger, enterprise-level systems of systems.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
• Provide Cloud engineering input to the Installation Design Plan (IDP) to support procurement, configuration management, and certification and accreditation of proposed systems
• Developing functional process diagrams for Cloud services
• Provide engineering and installation support focusing on the design, implementation and maintenance of Cloud services (e.g., SaaS, IaaS, others)
• Designing, installing, provisioning, configuring, optimizing, performance tuning, integrating, testing, administering, and troubleshooting Cloud solution technologies in a lab environment
• Complying with all applicable security and Information assurance (IA) policies and directives
• Developing comprehensive test cases to include testing scenarios for both normal and degraded (e.g., disaster recovery, continuity of operations, data recovery/spills, etc.) operations, pass/fail criteria, performance criteria, capacity planning, measurement criteria, results analysis procedures, and results/status reporting criteria
• Assist the SSC Pacific Government team in planning, executing and documenting development of system operational verification tests (SOVT) in accordance with SPAWAR M-4720.1, Shore Installation Process Handbook v4.0, 12 Nov 14
• Interfacing with C2 system owners during integration testing preparation and execution
• Performing requirements analysis to capture and incorporate C2 and other component system of systems testing criteria into integration testing scenarios
• Supporting and documenting the implementation of approved changes to system configurations, software, and infrastructure within the approved testing schedule
• Providing ongoing progress to leadership, system owners, and peers regarding health of the environment and status of testing
• Researching and analyzing emerging Cloud technologies, techniques, and protocols and making recommendations
• Assisting with procurement of hardware, software, and services
• Supporting the installation of new Cloud technology components, if required The Software Engineer will support the effort to establish an agile framework such as SAFe, install and configure tools that enable DevOps, including a CI/CD toolchain and refactor and/or re-architect existing applications from a monolithic architecture transforming them using an event-driven architecture (EDA) design paradigm into a Microservices Architecture (MSA). In this role, the Software Engineer will work with other developers, testers, cybersecurity engineers, the program office's engineering team, USSTRATCOM's engineering team and support contractors to pilot Agile DevOps for building, maintaining and operating the infrastructure.
• The Cloud/Software Engineer will perform development using Agile programming and DevOps methods to modify existing applications and develop new applications. They will participate in daily scrums to promote frequent communication among the team and with all stakeholders.
Required Skills & Education: