Systems Engineer (Job Number:434972)
Responsible for designing, developing, and testing computer hardware and software, including computer Systems, servers, laptops, switches, routers, and peripherals for a complex Marine Corps Command and Control System.
- Design and oversee the integration of computer hardware equipment.
- Test and re-test components to ensure they work properly.
- Research end of life issues and determine replacement equipment.
- Assist with the design and development of the software Systems that control computers.
- Research and integrate components into the final design.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the design and change if necessary.
- Estimate cost, reliability, and safety factors.
- Use computers extensively to produce and analyze designs.
- Work with technicians and other engineers to support changes to the system.
- Build, test and modify product prototypes.
- Analyze information and recommend appropriate hardware.
- Design support peripherals.
- Review and approve technical drawings.
- Specify power supply requirements and configuration.
- Retrieve data for analysis of system capabilities.
- Assist with network design and optimization.
- Provide operational input to Marine Corps Command and Control Systems design and employment
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelors degree in Computer/Electrical or Systems Engineering or related discipline.
- 2-5 Years experience
- Knowledge of Network design and implementation
- Knowledge of Windows based architectures
- Operational Experience in the U.S. Marine Corps
- Experience with Windows Servers and Clients.
- Experience with USMC Combat Operations Centers (COC)
- Experience with Computer hardware and peripherals
- Experience with Command and Control software
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of Systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 13, 2018, 2:40:43 PM
Primary Location: United States-SC-HANAHAN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job