Data Scientist: Cyber Network Operational Planner (Job Number:435149)
Job Description: This candidate will support MARFORCYBER G33 by assessing Defensive Cyberspace Operations (DCO), G33 Current Operations, maintain a level of responsibility specific to technical computer network defense (CND) functions in support of the Marine Corps Forces Cyberspace Command (MARFORCYBER). The DCO G33 duties include a full range of CND functions to include, but not limited to, vulnerability and incident management, malware trend research and analysis, task order development, as well as an increased level of knowledge specific to information assurance compliance (IA), and configuration management requirements.
The successful candidate will support the continuous operational improvement of the command through bridging the operations, intelligence and capability development divisions. Leverage knowledge of Data science, methodologies, and processing techniques to analyze vast amounts of sensor Data for decision support.
- Work with an agile team to develop machine learning analytics across domains.
- Perform statistical analysis, Data mining, temporal and pattern analysis, correlation of events, predictive modeling, and pattern recognition.
- Document and visualize analytics both temporally and spatially, and present analytic results and uncertainty to decision makers.
- Provide informational briefings to explain methodologies and analytical findings to peers and customer stakeholders.
- Investigate and implement new scientific analysis and methodologies to support big Data analytics efforts.
The incumbent will lead a team of Cyber Network Operations Planner to make recommendations and provide guidance on organization-wide system improvements, optimization or maintenance efforts in the following specialties: information systems architecture; networking; telecommunications; automation; communications protocols; risk management/electronic analysis; software; lifecycle management; software development methodologies; and modeling and simulation. Draft or edit Operational Plans (OPLANs), Operational Orders (OPORDs), and Fragmentary Orders (FRAGOs), participate in Joint Planning Groups and Teams (OPG/OPT) developing and integrating cyber capabilities into plans, support MARFORCYBER action officers with planning and research and analysis on national and DoD cyberspace policy, analysis of cyberspace events and operations.
- Provides input to briefings, transitioning concepts to execution and assisting in the coordination of joint operational planning in support of training, combat, and contingency operations.
- Provides input for the development of cyberspace Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs), Concepts of Operation (CONOPS), Courses of Action (COAs), and other related documents.
Provides input to address shortfalls, prioritize, and validate requirements and be prepared to modify development planning efforts based on the changing cyberspace environment.
- Contributes to the development of exercise scenarios, exercise operational plans, and other required documentation.
- Conducts research of current and emerging threats to U.S. critical infrastructure and key resources (CIKR).
- Performs threat and mission impact assessments specific to vulnerabilities directly impacting the MCIE and/or sister DoD entities. The DCO team analysts will identify, analyze, and recommend mitigation actions for factors potentially affecting MCIE.
- Must have extensive DCO experience.
- Must have knowledge and experience supporting a JOC/COC/SOC Operations center environment.
- Knowledge and experience identifying security issues and risks.
- Experience assisting with Incident Response (IR) triage; provide incident response (IR) support when analysis confirms actionable incident.
- Provide threat and vulnerability analysis as well as security advisory services.
Investigate, document, and report on information security issues and emerging trends.
- Coordinate with Intel analysis on open source activities impacting the network.
Required Education and Experience:
Ten (10) years of experience in Computer Network Operations (CNO) Planning, military planning, or minimum of three (3) years in military cyberspace operations.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or Information Technology.
Knowledge of joint military decision making processes.
Knowledge of Information Assurance, Risk Management Framework, CND, DCO.
Understanding of CNO strategy.
DoD 8140/8570 IAM Level III Certification (GSLC, CISM, CISSP)
Desired Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, or Information Technology.
- Experience supporting JOC/COC/SOC Operations Centers.
- Hands-on experience with machine learning technologies, including Natural Language Processing (NLP).
- Fluency with languages such as R/python and tools such SAS/SPSS.
- Familiarity with big Data technologies.
- Working in interdisciplinary teams.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to develop briefing materials, administrative, and logistics support.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Mar 20, 2018, 8:43:10 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-FORT MEADE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job