The Focused Operations Analyst is an expert in hacker/hacktivist group capabilities and intentions, and nation-state sponsored CNE (computer network exploitation) and CNA (computer network attack) targeting the US Critical Infrastructure. This position supports a Civilian Agency Cyber Security Operations Center (SOC) organization protecting the network Security of tens of thousands of users. The work site is located in Leesburg, Virginia.
This position requires the ability to identify potential threats based on agency utilized hardware and software.
The Focused Operations Analyst shall be knowledgeable of current and evolving hacking tools and methodologies available to disrupt these systems.
The Focused Operations Analyst responsibilities include:
Shift is Monday-Friday, 10A-6P.
Focused Operations analysts should be a proven team player with excellent oral and written communications skills, and a fine attention to detail. Focused Operations analysts should also be self-starters, capable of working on projects independently, if required. Extremely effective oral and written communications skills are a must, in order to present strategy, scripting output and status information to the client in both formal and informal review settings. Frequent interaction with government client is required. Occasional local travel. Infrequent (<5%) local travel, infrequent (<5%) long distance travel.
Job Qualifications: Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information systems.
- Minimum ten (10) years of relevant professional experience.
- In addition to required education or equivalent experience.
- Minimum four (4) years experience with Cyber intelligence analysis experience.
- Experience with information Security devices (e. g., firewalls, and intrusion detection/prevention systems) and applications (e.g. Security information management tools such as Splunk, Netwitness, ArcSight).
- Technical expertise in the capabilities and techniques of hacker/hacktivist groups, criminal syndicates, and advanced persistent threats conducting computer network exploitation and attacks against the U.S. government resources and critical infrastructure.
- Familiar with signatures, tactics, techniques and procedures associated with preparation for and execution/implementation of such attacks especially Sourcefire/Snort/Firepower.
- Experience with intelligence briefings.
- Experience with threat analysis.
- Experience with intelligence products.
- Experience with early indications and warnings.
- Experience with Open Source intelligence techniques.
- Experience working in a network Security incident response team, such as a Security Operations Center (SOC), Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT), Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT), Computer Incident Response Center (CIRC) or Cyber Security Incident Response Center (CSIRC).
Level of Clearance Required: Department of Defense Secret
US Citizenship required