Systems Integrator (Job Number:435378)
SAIC is currently looking for Systems Engineers to support the execution of systems engineering integration and test activities for the Remote Sensing (RS) Directorate at SMC, with responsibilities for the Air Force?s Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR) and Environmental Monitoring space and ground systems across the full development and operational lifecycle.
Engineers are need with the following functional skills:
- Requirements Management
- Interface Design and Control
- Risk Management
- Test and Evaluation: Development and execution of TEMPs, Test Plans, etc.
The systems integrators with support the following categories:
- Enterprise Integration for the Directorate which includes portfolio and knowledge management activities
- Oversight of the Technical Management Process Leads which including technical baseline management, risk management, etc.
- Oversight of the Technical Process Leads which including each phase of the standard systems engineering ?Vee? process lifecycle, test/evaluation, transition, sustainment, cybersecurity, and specialty engineering All of this functional support will follow IEEE standard 15288 process flows, as tailored for the specific Directorate activities. The systems integrators will report directly to the RS SE&I SEIT lead and provide matrix support to specific OPIR or Weather space and ground systems.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Execution of IEEE standard 15288 systems engineering process activities
- Conduct integration activities based on sound engineering practices
- Ensure designs fully support requirements and are consistent with customer budget, schedule, risk profile and organizational/System constraints
- Translates the client?s business requirements into specific systems, applications or process designs for complex solutions and integrating architectures. May include analysis of transition planning, information requirements, and may develop architecture baselines.
- Assists with and leads development of integration, migration plans/schedules.
- Acts as an advocate for the client as the ultimate authority on the architecture designed to address client business problems.
- Supports business process improvements or systems analysis for missions, systems, and fiscal requirements.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- Candidate must currently possess DoD SECRET;
- Desired clearance level Top Secret / SCI
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated application of advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts
- Contributed to development of new principles and concepts
- Ability to recommend/make decisions on project work matters and ensures effective achievement of program, project, or organizational objectives
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors (STEM) and nine (9) years or more of related experience -OR- Masters and seven (7) years or more of related experience -OR- PhD or JD and four (4) years or more of related experience
- Desired Certifications - INCOSE Certification
- Desired Qualifications and Experience - Work proficiently on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious
- Desired Technical Specialties
- Systems integration
- Test and evaluation
- Requirements development/validation
- Hardware and software
- System analysis and design
- Interface and data architectures
- Desired Technology Experience
- Space and Ground Systems
- OPIR Systems (preferred)
- Environmental Monitoring/Weather Systems (preferred)
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology Integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC¿s approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see ( My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Mar 27, 2018, 1:58:02 PM
Primary Location: United States-CA-EL SEGUNDO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job