The Optics and Lasers Integrated Products Department is currently seeking a Principle Physics Engineer in McKinney, Tx.
This position is responsible for executing laser assemblies, integration, and test for developmental and deliverable laser systems. Responsibilities include participating in multidisciplinary technical teams on cutting edge development and demonstration programs. The candidate will join a highly motivated group of laser physicists and engineers working on a variety of development tasks and deliverable products. The successful applicant shall be a highly motivated “self-starter” able to take action with limited direction, and execute on complicated laser and HEL hardware programs.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs to be able to obtain a US DoD Security Clearance within first year.
- At least 8 years of professional experience with a BS degree, 6 years of professional experience with an MS degree, and 4 years professional experience with a PhD
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: (1) high energy lasers, (2) fiber laser systems, (3) and/or laser system design
- Hands on experience with laser system development, assembly, integration and test efforts
- Ability to (1) to plan/schedule tasks (2) define optical/hardware components, (3) interface with vendors (4) set up and align optical/laser hardware (5) document/report test results, and (6) deliver laser systems
- Proficient in electronics, such as laser diode drivers, TEC, power supplies
- Familiarity with laser characterization tests such as beam quality, wavefront-error, laser noise measurements
- Proficient with optical alignment techniques and alignment tooling.
- Experience with optical component inspection, cleaning and bonding
- Strong Interpersonal and Multi-tasking Skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Data reduction and analysis
- Broad understanding of optics and lasers vendor capabilities
- Familiarity with processes and principals of systems engineering
- US Citizenship
- Ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance
- Prior experience in Defense or Aerospace
- Experience presenting to customers
- Experience leading teams
- Active DoD Security Clearance
- Active SSBI
Bachelor of Science in physics, optics, or related fieldDesired Education
: Master of Science in physics, optics, or related field OR PhD in physics, optics, or related field
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons 113335
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.