Systems Engineer (Job Number:435543)
- Demonstrate the ability to capture users? needs by performing requirements elicitation directly with stakeholders, drafting CONOPS, and documenting requirements to implement changes to the NGA and NSG operational baselines.
- Serve on integrated cross-functional teams supporting detailed trade studies and Analysis of Alternatives (AoAs).
- Define and document interfaces, system specs and capability requirements.
- Conduct end-to-end requirements analysis to ensure Systems being implemented comply with IC and NGA standards and policies, and support NSG enterprise control gates.
- Drafting CONOPS and requirements for integration and initialization of NTM capabilities into NGA ground enterprise.
- Supporting AoAs and trade studies to inform decision making on potential changes to the NGA operational baseline and documenting changes in CONOPS and requirements.
- Participating in and facilitating large group TEMs with disparate members to reach requirement consensus to capture strategic capabilities for customers, both internal and external.
- Performing end-to-end analysis to determine which requirements may already be satisfied by existing Systems and which requirements need to be allocated to New or existing Systems.
- Developing clear, consistent, testable acceptance criteria and requirements, and ensuring proper traceability between different levels of requirements and architecture.
- Executing end- to-end joint RFC process to develop New requirements which may impact NGA and the Mission Partner, and preparing and coordinating required documentation.
- Developing CONOPS for NTM data products and services.
Required Education and Experience:
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, or equivalent experience.
- 11+ years of Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) experience (e.g., requirements, CONOPS , architecture, analysis, capabilities implementation, SLC process experience).
- Demonstrated Systems engineering experience defining and documenting system Concepts of Operations and documenting functional and performance requirements for NGA Systems.
- Working knowledge of NGA Systems and applications and their interdependencies.
- Knowledge and understanding of NSG change management processes (e.g., RFC process).
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Good customer teaming skills; ability to collaborate in cross-functional teams.
Strong interpersonal, problem solving, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
Desired Education and Experience:
- MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, or related scientific or technical discipline.
- IT credentials and certifications (e.g., DAWIA, PMP, INCOSE, ITIL, CISSP and SAFe Agile).
- Demonstrated ability to lead multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Experience identifying, developing, and maintaining internal and external system interfaces.
- Requirements performance analyses experience.
- Rationale DOORs experience.
- Experience using MS Office tools to include MS Project and Visio.
- Experience using System Architecture.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of Systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC¿s approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see ( My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Apr 5, 2018, 8:09:57 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-CHANTILLY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job