AEGIS Systems/SPY Engineer (Job Number:435724)
Job Description: Support Center Surface Combat System, Director of Functional Integration (N5). Perform high level engineering support on Aegis Combat Systems requiring comprehensive knowledge and training on specialty Systems.
- Aegis Modernization (AMOD), Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD), Cooperative Engagement Capability (CEC), Common Data Link Management System (CDLMS), AEGIS AN/SPY- 1 Radar Systems, Weapons Control System (WCS) and an in-depth knowledge of the entire AEGIS Combat System.
- Utilize advanced methods in the investigation and analysis to finds solutions of difficult military system design requirements and problems.
- Plans, conducts and directs projects including coordinating the efforts of engineers and technical staff in the performance of assigned tasks.
- Reviews the completion of work including system enhancements and makes recommendation changes in technical application.
- Evaluates system capabilities and provides technical consultation to customer.
- Conduct regular interaction with designated user community representatives and provide feedback to Director of Functional Integration (N5).
- Represent Aegis at user community meetings and other forums and provide written reports and presentations.
- Gather and report on user community issues for resolution.
- Submit monthly reports of activities, participate in tele-conferences, and provide written reports and presentations.
- Perform other duties related to user community or mission support.
Required Education and Experience:
- Member will have 5 or more years working experience within the AEGIS Weapons System (AWS).
- Member will hold an AWS NEC and one additional AEGIS NEC preferably AN/SPY-1D. Member will have a strong knowledge of the AEGIS Weapons System to include variants of the AN/SPY-1 Radar Systems, peripherals, maintenance philosophy and tools required to conduct corrective and preventive maintenance, training methods and practical application, technical/tactical bulletins and work packages.
- Member will possess a familiarity with Ballistic Missile Defense, developing Baselines and Weapon Specification review procedures.
- Bachelor?s Degree is desired although not required if member has 9 or more years working experience within the AEGIS Weapons System to include experience as an AEGIS Element or AWS Instructor (9502 NEC).
- AEGIS experience and training to include AEGIS Weapons System (AWS) and one or more of the following: AEGIS AN/SPY-1 Radar Technician with Baseline 7 or 8 background, Anti Air Warfare watch station experience. Member should have a strong working knowledge of Naval Training procedures and practices to include three (3) or more years experience as an AEGIS instructor.
- Member should be familiar with specification and documentation review procedures as they apply to Weapon Specifications, Ship Change Documents, Ordnance Alterations and other technical documentation as it applies to AEGIS Baselines.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of Systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC¿s approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. for more information, visit saic.com. for information on the benefits SAIC offers, see ( My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Apr 11, 2018, 1:26:28 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-King George
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job