Serious Games Engineer (Job Number:435775)
Job Title: Serious Games Engineer
Job Description/ Duties:
- Use the Unreal4 engine to design and implement well-engineered, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free code.
- Collaborate with team members to develop various gameplay systems.
- Develop and test code, fix bugs, and profile and optimize code as directed.
- Follow best practices, development processes, and coding standards.
- Document and peer review technical designs with other software engineers.
- Work with QA, providing information needed to fully test developed code.
- Provide support to internal customers for developed software.
- Keep up to date on state-of-the-art software engineering methods, practices, and technologies.
- Communicate with other team members, internal customers, and when required external customers to determine requirements.
- Work well together with other team members in A cooperative, cross-disciplinary team environment.
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks.
- Possess and develop areas of engineering expertise.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Strong C++ programming skills.
- A passion for making and playing games, particularly Serious Games
- Work well in A cooperative environment.
- Experience programming game features and systems, especially player-visible game features.
- One or more shipped products, especially PC products.
- Strong multi-threaded programming skills.
- Strong source control experience
- Agile development experience Pluses:
- Serious Games development experience
- Unity experience
- UI development experience, including Scaleform and/or Flash/AS2/AS3 knowledge.
- Online game and/or MMO development experience, including client/server development of game features.
- Experience in game physics programming and 3D math.
- Passion for science fiction and space exploration.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is A premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC¿s approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see ( My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Apr 12, 2018, 6:30:10 PM
Primary Location: United States-FL-ORLANDO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job
Other Locations: United States-WA-Seattle