Switching Engineer SME (Job Number:435793)
Switching Engineer SME
Job Description: The successful candidate will be a proactive, forward-learning self-starter able to work in a fast-paced organization spread across diverse technical areas for a customer program in the area of telecommunications. The successful candidate will bring a strong technical background in telecommunications infrastructure to include cellular core infrastructure, with demonstrated technical aptitude in order to quickly understand technical concepts and communicate them. A strong system engineering mindset and skillset is required. A strong background in requirement identification and documentation, executive presentations, technical documentation, roadmap development, and system architecting is required. Someone with a passion for mission support who has attention to detail and can work with multiple project leads to understand and communicate program information will thrive in this environment.
Required Education and Experience:
- BS Degree in a relevant technical field such as Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics, or fields applicable to telecommunications technology.
- Minimum of 13 years work experience.
- Proven ability to identify and document technical requirements for use as part of acquisition packages issued as Request for Proposals (RFPs).
- Experience drafting contractual Statements of Work (SOWs), User and System Requirements Documents, etc.
- Proven experience in producing system engineering documentation to include system architectures (OV-1, 2, 3) using Visio.
- Demonstrated track record performing work with strong detail orientation and great care towards precision of those details.
- Demonstrated technical writing skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite to include Project, Excel, Word and PowerPoint is needed to perform day-to-day tasks.
- Ability to manage diverse workload and effectively prioritize multiple competing demands on the individual's time.
- Active TS/SCI with Poly security clearance is required.
Desired Education and Experience:
- Master's degree in a technical field (Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Eng, Computer Eng, etc) 20+ years experience.
- Technical expertise in telecommunications networks.
- Experience in packet processing technologies.
- Understanding of emerging commercial technology trends in the telecommunications field.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and Enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC¿s approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see ( My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Apr 13, 2018, 8:27:00 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-RESTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job