Performance Management Lead - RICHMOND, VA - VITA (Job Number:435822)
SAIC is seeking a Performance Management Lead to join our MSI team supporting the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- The Performance Management Lead will lead a small team to develop, inspect, mine, transform, and model data to raise productivity, improve decision making, and mature IT service performance.
- The team conducts statistical analysis and forecasting, and manages all aspects of end to end data processing.
- The team will maintain analytical systems, verify the accuracy of data and act as liaisons with Service Managers.
- The team will measure IT service performance, develop statistical process controls, compile data and information, establish trends, formulate forecasts, automate analysis, and push the results of performance analysis to Service Managers.
- Performance measures include service capacity and utilization, service availability, end-to-end service delivery performance, and other quantitative measures.
- The Performance Management Lead will contribute to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards and should be expert IN the field of metrics and statistical analysis.
The Performance Management Lead will:
- Be a Problem Solver and Solutions Generator. Develops solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation. Ensures solutions are consistent with organization objectives.
- Have Freedom to Act. Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude IN determining technical objectives of assignment. Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective for desired results.
- Impact Team Success. Effects of decisions are long-lasting and heavily influence future program success. Be a team player who contributes directly to the accomplishment of program objectives and goals.
- Be a Liaison. Represent the MSI as a prime technical contact on performance measurement. Serves as a consultant to management and special external spokesperson for the program on major matters pertaining to performance policies, plans, and objectives. The Performance Management Lead will work with Solution Architects and Service Manager to achieve efficiencies via the standardization and automation of services; to include performance management services. The Performance Management Lead applies extensive statistical knowledge and expertise, and has a general knowledge of IT disciplines.
Background / Experience
- Required Experience. Candidates with a Bachelors and 10 years of related experience or Masters and 8 years of related experience. Candidates with a Master?s degree IN mathamatics are not required to have experience.
- Data Compilation. The ability to compile data from disparate systems/sources into a structured database, and define relationships between tables and fields; to include eliminating redundancies and inconsistent dependencies.
- Analysis. The ability to apply probability and statistics to analyze compiled data and create information for decision-making.
- Project Management. The ability to structure and execute a project IN accordance with PMBOK® (Project Management Body of Knowledge) best practices is preferred.
- Communications and Presentation Skills. The ability to simplify technical complexities and present solutions IN terms that resonate with decision-makers and Customers seeking business capabilities.
Education / Certifications / Other
- Academic Degree. Bachelor?s degree IN engineering, science or mathematics is preferred.
- Continual Learning. Past continual learning, via completion or course work or attainment of credentials and certifications, is preferred.
- ITIL Certification. Candidates who have completed ITIL v3 2011 Foundation or above are preferred.
- Location. Work will be performend IN RICHMOND, VA. Software Experience
- Productivity Software. MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook Calendar, Project, and Access), Adobe Reader, MS Sharepoint, and Visio.
- Data Query Software. MS SQL and the ability to develop and use SQL queries to access and compile data contained IN relational databases.
- Analysis Software. Comprehensive knowledge of how to apply Advanced Excel functions during the course of data analysis. Experience IN a scripting language such as Python is preferred. Candidates who have the ability to use Wolfram Mathematica® are of great interest.
- Reporting Software. Experience with data visualization software and reporting tools is desired.
- Collaboration Software. Candidates who have the ability to use SharePoint Designer are desired.
Security Clearance Requirement
- US Citizen. Must be able to pass a Commonwealth of Virginia background check.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions IN the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC¿s approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers IN the U.S. federal government. Headquartered IN Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see ( My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Apr 13, 2018, 8:04:33 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-RICHMOND
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job