CarMax has been a Fortune “100 Best Companies to Work For since 2005”, awarded a Top Workplaces honor by The Atlanta Journal Constitution since 2016 and ranked one of Atlanta’s top 25 large companies, and Training magazine’s “Top 125 Training Companies” since 2008. Our culture is built upon the values of respect, integrity and transparency, and we live these values every day in how we treat our Customers and our Associates.
Under limited supervision, the Senior Retention Specialist is responsible for assisting the Team Manager in achieving department goals by providing associate training, monitoring associate calls, motivating associates, auditing associate work product and providing a high level of customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Take incoming phone calls as needed and answer customer questions regarding his/her account and verify customer information on account is correct and update as necessary.
• Educate customers regarding their account, interest accruals, late fees, credit reporting, charge off, payment options and account management options.
• Process customer payments via inter-company computer systems.
• Request information or correspondence from other departments using company database.
• Handle elevated customer account issues/inquires.
• Work with other departments/personnel and vendors where necessary to research and follow up on customer issues/concerns and annotate accounts in inter-company systems to document all interactions.
• Work with external vendors to resolve outstanding account issues.
• Conduct external vendor quality assurance reviews and report results to management.
• Approve or decline customer account extension requests, reinstatement decisions, and accounts in review for repossession.
• Train, provide support, ideas and encouragement to collections specialists.
• Conduct live/recorded call monitors to ensure quality, compliance, and identify training needs.
• Be available to associates to answer questions.
• Assist with creation, tracking of incentive programs, and report associate statistics to supervisor.
• Generate reports to report department statistics and collection performance.
• Assist with the facilitation of training sessions during team meetings and floor huddles.
• Special Projects as assigned.
• Perform above functions within department expectations/metrics.
• Understand and adhere to company policies and procedures, including collection policies/laws.
• Multi-task in a high energy and fast-paced work environment.
• Good time management and organizational skills.
• Tolerate stressful situations with customers.
• Demonstrated leadership among peers.
• Speak and listens effectively with customers, associates and vendors.
• Strong problem solving and negotiation skills.
• Effectively communicate to and train associates.
• Apply a common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or verbal instructions and ability to deal with problems in standardized situations.
• Complete CarMax provided training as required.
• Understand and adhere to company policies and procedures.
• Work a flexible schedule to include evenings, weekends and holidays.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma
• 12 -18 months of collections and/or related experience.
• Basic typing skills including minimum accuracy requirements.
• Basic computer knowledge including understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Collections and/or Customer Service experience preferred.
• Great work-life balance, community involvement, team engagement events, on-site gym…etc.
• Not a suit & tie environment, think jeans and sneakers.
• Flexible work hours with shifts that include days, evenings, and weekends.