Entering ManTech’s 50th year, we hold the distinct honor of being named a “Top 100 Global Technology Company” by Thomson Reuters. We have earned this and many other accolades over the years for our dedication to serving the missions of our nation’s most important customers: U.S. Intelligence, Defense and Federal Civilian agencies. All know us as a trusted partner offering best-in-class solutions in cyber, data collection & analytics, enterprise IT, and systems and software engineering tailored to meet their specific requirements.
Become an integral part of a diverse team in the Mission, Cyber and Intelligence Solutions (MCIS) Group. Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, mission oriented Software Vulnerability Researcher, in the Vienna, VA area, with strong Customer relationships. At ManTech, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
The ISS Division provides cyber solutions to a wide range of Defense and Intelligence Community customers. This division consists of a team of technical leaders that deliver advanced technical solutions to government organizations. Our customers have high standards, are technically adept, and use our products daily to support their mission of protecting national security. Our contributions to our customer’s success is driving our growth.
Major Job Functions:
- Reverse engineer software for security mechanism bypass
- Develop computer code in multiple languages as applicable
- Develop instrumentation in support of primary tasks
- Follow Agile Scrum methodology
- Take self initiative to remain knowledgeable of evolving trends in offensive and defensive cyber tools, tactics, and procedures
- Perform as a team member in the research of software vulnerabilities
- Perform as a team lead on projects when suitable
- Individuals must be a U.S. Citizen and either hold an active US Security Clearance or must be eligible to obtain a US Security Clearance.
- Applicants with the appropriate skills but without a security clearance are still encouraged to apply. If you’re the right fit for the job, we’ll make it happen.
- Applicants will be subject to a government security background investigation.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following disciplines: Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Software Engineering or a related field preferred
- A passion for low-level software development and engineering
- Knowledge of operating system fundamentals, including interrupts, threading, virtual memory, device drivers, boot procedures, and memory management techniques
- Knowledge of operating system internals, development and integration of code within the operating system kernel, kernel debugging, assembly (x86 and 64-bit Intel / AMD, MIPS)
- Knowledge of file systems, networking, and protocol stacks
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows internals
- In-depth knowledge of Linux internals
- In-depth knowledge of compilers, operating systems, and/or program analysis
- Experience in reverse engineering
- Experience in vulnerability research
- Experience in C and C++ programming
Note: Candidates of all experience levels (junior through senior) are encouraged to apply!