There are countless reasons why you should join CarMax! Here are the top 5 reasons why you should join our team:
1. Work for a winner! For several years in a row, CarMax has been named one of FORTUNE?S ?100 Best Companies to Work For.?
2. We?re different! We merged the best practices of big box Retail with the automobile industry building a solid platform that is fair and equitable.
3. We?re growing! CarMax currently operates used car superstores in 45+ markets, and we?re opening more all the time!
4. Exceptional Training! Don?t have automotive experience? No problem. We are ranked as one of the best training companies in America! This position includes a 6 ? 9 month training program that includes cross training in all of our functional areas! We provide ongoing training and encourage self development.
5. Our customers! At CarMax, our goal is to have all of our customers become raving fans! 95% of our customers would refer us to friends!
Use your Retail management experience, leadership, and interpersonal skills to inspire exceptional performance. As a member of the store leadership team, CarMax Sales Managers:
* Coach: 60 ? 70% of a CarMax Sales Manager?s time is spent in coaching and developing our Sales Consultants.
* Lead: through developing a commissioned Sales team (10+ direct reports, 50+ indirect reports) our Sales Managers lead teams to achieve Sales, ensure efficiency and to be successful in our FY focus areas.
* Develop: develop skills and product knowledge of Sales Consultants through training, evaluation, and role play; develop talent into Management roles.
* Select: attract, hire and on-board world-class Sales Professionals who are well prepared to provide exceptional customer service.
* Analyze & Track: Sales performance to assigned budget, conversion, compliance, and Sales Consultant staffing/hiring targets.
* Problem Solve: our Sales Managers are empowered to resolve issues that may occur during the execution process. They have day-to-day oversight and authority for response to potential customer service concerns. Our Sales Managers ensure our customers receive the best customer experience and seek out opportunities for self development.
The professional we are seeking will have:
* 3+ years Supervisory/General Management experience. (Retail Supervisory/General Management experience, General Sales Management, Hospitality General Management experience, Banking Management experience preferred)
* A proven ability to execute long and short term Sales strategies
* Experience in establishing action plans to drive performance of Sales
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively; expresses opinions and innovative ideas
* Ability to empower and challenge team members of all skill levels to reach their full potential
* Ability to motivate, inspire and get buy-in from others
* Satisfactory completion of MDP is required.