The Manager, Product Delivery Management manages a Program of Products and oversees a group of product delivery to enable customer and associate product delivery through Agile, Lean and Technical Project & Product Management skills. The Manager is responsible for risk escalation, mitigation and scope within a group of Products. He/she oversees implementation, scaling and improvements of current and new methodologies and practices that cascade from the leadership to the teams.
Manages Program of Product teams Initiatives & Platform teams along the customer journey, to ensure that the teams are efficiently and productively executing on plans. Ensure roadblocks, risks and impediments are removed and managed.
• Lead others to set the direction and holds multiple teams accountable to drive results through limited touch points, continually progressing the business to higher levels of performance.
• Manage and lead a team of Delivery Managers that establish and track cross-functional deliverables and key milestones within multitrack initiatives and Products across all Product Teams.
• Develop effective contingency plans to overcome unexpected obstacles and remove team impediments
• Stay current on best practices in Agile and Waterfall product/portfolio/program/delivery and project management and advocate for/implement continuous improvements that make sense for CarMax
• Monitor all of the Product teams’ activities, morale and productivity to ensure adherence to Product team processes and identification of risks. Develop and execute mitigation plans and process improvements.
• Determine their Program’s annual staffing and budget needs, and manage the process of reconciling resource usage on an ongoing basis
• Plays an active role in identifying, assessing, and developing talent across departments and lead a succession plan to groom future leaders.
• Hire, train and develop associates to reach their full potential – understand their goals and needs, partner in their development, provide advice, feedback, training and advocacy
• Manage resourcing for roadmap for group that aligns with business needs and associate growth goals
• Develop and maintain positive team dynamics and high morale across cross-functional team¬¬
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to apply broad knowledge, seasoned experience, and critical thinking skills to address complex/critical issues. Establishes a broad plan and aligns resources for action.
• Ability to understand business goals and objectives and adjust priorities based on changes in business strategy or market environment
• Holds multiple teams accountable to drive results through limited touch points, continually progressing the business to higher levels of performance.
• Clearly articulates the vision and delivers consistent key messages
• Strong knowledge of various Agile & Lean project and delivery management best practices and processes
• Ability to provide “win-win” solutions while resolving customer service issues in a positive and professional manner
• Ability to work independently and to lead multiple projects and cross-functional teams simultaneously
• Ability to motivate, influence and persuade across various levels of the organization
• Ability to develop and execute a plan and proactively make improvements to process execution
• Ability to lead and develop a team of direct
• Ability to build and maintain strong relationships throughout the organization
• Knowledge of modern product development processes
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Four-year college degree (BA/BS) in related field
• 8+ years of experience in web/software project management and operations
• 8+ years of experience leading cross-functional teams to achieve common goals
• 5+ years managing direct reports
• Agile experience, CMS, additional certification(s)
• Computer skills: MS Office, extensive Web experience