Regional Human Resources Director
CarMax is growing! We’re opening multiple stores each year and opening up new regions. And CarMax has been on Fortune Magazine’s list of “100 Best Companies to Work For” for 13 years in a row! Join a team dedicated to customer service and associate development.
Oversee the talent management initiatives, associate relations matters, associate development, staffing and retention programs, and all HR policies and procedures to ensure compliance with federal, state and Company standards for the Region. This person will be based in our Phoenix, AZ Regional Office and travel 3-4 days a week among CarMax locations in the region. Some overnight travel is required. Company demo car provided.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work with the regional team and with store leadership to ensure high employee engagement and succession planning (including managing our Management Assessment Program, supporting development of management individual development plans, etc).
• Assess human resource management training needs of the region. Organize and present training sessions to store management.
• Perform investigations and resolve escalated associate relations disputes. Make decisions regarding senior management terminations as needed.
• Participate in the recruitment and selection of senior management positions.
• Manage and support two Regional HR Managers, ensuring their professional development, including conducting regular conference calls/meetings and performing file reviews (one-on-one meetings).
• Ensure human resource compliance with federal, state, and local laws. Work with the corporate legal team as needed to mitigate human resource related risks throughout the region.
• Partner with regional team on management of store operations, monitoring Key Performance Measure (KPM) reports, store visits, store reviews, training, succession planning and file reviews.
• May lead or participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will have 8+ years of current Human Resources experience, preferably with a big-box, multi-unit retailer with heavy emphasis on employee relations.
We are seeking candidates with strong problem-solving and influencing skills, a hands-on approach in working with line management, and the ability to work independently in a dynamic environment.