District of Columbia
Sr. SQL Database Specialist (VG00786) (Job Number:435994)
SAIC has an opening for a Sr. SQL DBA located in Washington, DC.
- The Vanguard 2.2.1 program currently has an opening for a Database Administrator supporting the Department of State (DoS) Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM).
- Vanguard 2.2.1 currently engineers and maintains customized databases in support of web portals and home-grown utilities to a number of IRM organizations and requires a qualified person to perform Database engineering/design and maintenance.
- This program supports IRM users globally across the enterprise on a 24x7x365 basis.
- The selected candidate will be a member of the Information Assurance (IA) Directorate providing Database engineering and design in support of customized solutions.
- The candidate must be able to perform general service design activities which include: Concept of Operations formularization, Review Requirements Definition, System Analysis, Validation and Verification Testing, System Testing, System & Operational Performance Analysis.
Description of Duties:
- Analyze, document, and maintain existing databases that include custom interfaces and complex workflows used by technical and non- technical users.
- Work with teammates and customer representatives to collect, document, review, and update business requirements that must be supported by the databases and Database interfaces.
- Support the migration of data from Microsoft Access prototypes to enterprise Microsoft SQL databases, including maintaining business processes during the transition.
- Support the use of and integration with COTS products supporting the same or related business processes.
- Support meeting security requirements relating to granular access to and manipulation of customer data in the Microsoft Access and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Manage multiple project tasks by prioritizing workload, multitasking, and effectively interacting with a wide range of people
- Responsible for installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and management of applicable compliance with the system technical implementation guideline standards (STIGs) and functional requirements for both unclassified and classified environments.
- Provide application administration support services including user account setup and maintenance, routine configuration updates and help desk support to the user communities.
- Prepare and provide tools usage training presentations and briefings as required.
- Maintain schedule and requirements for recurring and ad hoc reports using reporting repositories; generate reports and where appropriate, interpret results and make informed recommendations to team leads.
- Maintain and document application support tools, user and administration guides as well as data dictionaries. The existing tools include the IRM/IA systems inventory Database, Tip of the Day application, ComplyVision, and Xacta tools used by technical and non-technical users. The enabling platforms span Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL Server, GOTS, and COTS products.
- Work with teammates and customer representatives to collect, document, review, and update business requirements that must be supported by supporting tools and processes.
- Support the use of and integration of custom, GOTS and COTS products supporting the same or related business processes.
- Conduct routine research and analysis to offer recommendations for aligning procedures with applicable governance and guidelines.
- Bachelor?s Degree in related technical discipline or additional equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 5 years Database design experience including at least three years in a system administration support role with various clients. Additional experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- Direct experience with Microsoft Access and Microsoft SQL is highly desired.
- Information technology and enterprise integration experience, including large-scale system design and integration, especially in the areas of wide area networks, enterprise communications, data center integration, virtualization and cloud computing.
- Strong Verbal and written communication skills and the ability to comprehend complex or technical information.
- Practical experience using MS SQL Server spanning administration and application configuration activities such as stored procedures and security configuration.
- Practical experience with relational Database design and architecture including primary/child keys, normalization, and distributed Database architecture.
- Demonstrable experience employing the software development lifecycle to develop, test and deploy enterprise scale applications.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with experience working directly with customers including VIP?s and the ability to comprehend complex or technical information.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to support multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities and quick turnaround deliverables.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a dynamic operations environment to meet deadlines and fulfill ad hoc tasking requirements.
- Must be capable of learning information assurance concepts and Risk Management Framework (RMF) guidelines as described in National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication 800-37.
- Demonstrable experience providing customer support services across a varied user community.
- Prior experience working within the Department of State IRM bureau will be considered as a significant plus.
Clearance Requirement: Must have a SECRET (Active) with the ability to be granted a TOP SECRET clearance.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC¿s approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see ( My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Apr 23, 2018, 4:20:15 PM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job