GDIT which supports the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) is seeking to add an experienced Incident/Problem Manager to join our team.
As part of the IT Service and Support (ITSS) team and reporting to the IT Support Center (ITSC) Team Lead, the Incident/Problem Manager will be supporting the enterprise operations and maintenance of the FERC's IT environment.
This candidate will serve as a lead for the analysis, reporting, and resolution of incidents and problems across multiple support areas for IT Operations, which covers application support, and infrastructure services.
The Incident/Problem Manager will serve the needs of a diverse team of operational engineers to deliver with superior levels of issue tracking, control, and resolution.
This individual will also be responsible for coordinating incident/Problem resolution across multiple organizations and reporting to senior management.
- Analyzes and coordinates inter-organization responses and troubleshooting activities on critical/high incidents.
- Owns queue monitoring and incident and Problem reporting for daily status reports for management.
- Executes the Incident and Problem Management process tasks in adherence to requirements.
- Coordinates and manages the Incident and Problem Management process activities across the Operations team.
- Works under the IT Service Manager for process improvement activities. Assists the IT Service Manager in driving Service management best-practice and ITIL process standardization.
- Works with the Remedy team on productizing services and support through the Remedy console.
- Leads Incident and Problem Management reporting.
- Assists the IT Service & Support in identifying and planning for Incident and Problem Management process improvement projects
- Drives implementation of standard execution of the Incident and Problem Management process.
- Is responsible for acting as an escalation point to expedite Problem resolution.
- Creates and maintains the incident and Problem management practice.
- Works alongside the Service Desk to respond to major incidents quickly and effectively.
- Assists with assembling incident resolution teams, drive incidents to closure, take charge of resolution activities.
- Drives root cause analysis.
- Drives Problem analysis to a conclusion to determine the root cause for any Critical or High Impact incidents as well as for any recurring incidents
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Primary POC for Major outages
- Perform Outage Notifications and status update
- Act as a point of escalation to resolve Service Restore issues
- Participate in After Action Report meetings and data gathering sessions as required
- Create and deliver reports as needed
- Provide training to support teams on processes
- Participate in regular reviews of SOPs
- Cross train and have the ability to move within the service management team
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- BS/BA in related field preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- ITIL v3 Foundation (Required)
- ITIL Intermediate Service Operation (Preferred)
- Effective communication skills for delivering content feedback, writing reports and making presentations.
- Ability to work independently and lead others during projects.
- Proficiency with spreadsheets and database software.
- Experience with BMC Remedy.
Candidates in this role are required to wear business casual attire Monday through Fridays. Business casual is a polo shirt, dress shirt and/or sweater, khakis or dress pants and business shoes. Additional Requirements:
Applicants must be able to demonstrate their written communication skills via a writing sample [not to exceed 2 pages] exemplifying their ability to communicate with customers in a clear, professional, courteous, and grammatically correct manner ?
ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS
to succeed in this position the candidate must have
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical, Problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Exceptional teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deal with problems as they arise in a professional manner.
- Expert knowledge of ITIL v3.
- Thorough knowledge of IT concepts, strategies and methodologies.
- Experience with BMC Remedy.
- Location in Washington DC
- Limited travel possible
- No Remote or Tele-work