Cloud Solutions Architect - Senior (Job Number:436139)
- The SAIC Cloud & Digital Infrastructure team currently has an opening for a Solutions Architect supporting new business, SAIC internal projects, and SAIC solution development.
- The successful candidate will serve as the technical lead for bid and proposal activities, including solution development, estimation, and contract transition.
- Internal projects will require translating business requirements into repeatable technical Solutions, serving as an internal champion for a portfolio of Solutions, and growing new business.
- This role will require expertise and experience across a broad range of IT disciplines, including architecture, engineering, operations, and cyber security.
- Solutions development will require knowledge of many current and emerging technology areas, including:
- Public, private, and hybrid Cloud
- Virtualization, Cloud automation, network function virtualization (NFV), and software defined networking (SDN).
- LAN and WAN networking
- Data center infrastructure
- Enterprise service delivery
- Operations and maintenance
Our Solutions Architect role offers you the opportunity to be involved in meaningful work and projects. You'll work alongside the best technical minds in the industry and have a unique opportunity to use your business and technical knowledge and skills in an environment dedicated to maintaining industry superiority. You will be introduced to cutting edge tools and resources that will help you grow both professionally and personally.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master?s preferred. Desired fields include computer science, computer engineering, information systems, cyber security or a related field.
- Minimum of 6 years of progressive responsibility and directly relevant experience in information system architecture, implementation, and operations
- Minimum 4 years of experience with design, implementation, and operations of server virtualization technology (e.g. vSphere, Hyper-V, KVM, RHEV)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Cloud-based systems design, implementation, and operations
- Knowledge of Federal and DoD cybersecurity guidance and authorization & assessment (A&A) processes (e.g. DoDD 8500.1, DoDI 8500.2, DIACAP, RMF, FISMA, FIPS, FedRAMP, DoD Cloud SRG, DFARS requirements)
- Working knowledge of DevOps/DevSecOps methodologies and practices
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interface with and effectively represent technical Solutions to executive-level SAIC stakeholders and customers
- Organized and detailed technical writing skills
- A work ethic with a focus on quality, results and customer satisfaction
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Customer intimacy with various U.S. Government agencies, either within the Federal Civilian agencies, the DoD, or the IC
- Experience in design, implementation and operations of Cloud-based Solutions
- Experience with scripting languages and IT automation tools (e.g. Bash, Perl, VBScript, PowerShell, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, CloudForms, vRA)
- Server engineering or management experience in a mixed Windows/Linux environment
- Network engineering or administration experience
- Experience in Cloud system integration, Cloud migration, and data center consolidation
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect ? Associate/Professional
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP), VMware Certified Advanced Professional (VCAP), VMware Certified Design Expert (VCDX)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Cisco Certified Internet Expert (CCIE)
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)/Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)/Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- Must currently possess or be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and Solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC¿s approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see ( My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Apr 25, 2018, 12:02:54 PM
Primary Location: United States-MO-Flexwork
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job