Raytheon BBN Technologies is one of Raytheon’s premier research and development centers. Our diverse research portfolio combines the best technologies to deliver innovative, custom solutions with real-world benefit.
We are seeking creative, talented individuals to join our world-class Speech, Language, and Multimedia group and to help us advance the state-of-the-art in our areas of operation. Our work ranges from seminal research and development to advanced fielded solutions. BBN's research team collaborates with universities on a range of cutting edge projects. Our research activities drive the development of industry-leading 24x7 solutions and their deployment into demanding user environments.
At BBN, Associate Scientists work with a team of experienced staff to design and implement new techniques in a variety of technologies, including speech recognition, speaker ID, language ID, machine translation, information extraction, question-answering, machine learning, NLP, document image processing, and video analysis. Responsibilities include algorithm implementation, testing, analyzing, and documenting the performance of the new algorithms, and integrating the resulting advances into existing systems and components.
BBN offers an exciting collaborative environment with the opportunity to contribute to revolutionary research. Career growth is encouraged through support for publication of research papers, participation in leading research conferences, on-site training, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
BBN currently has several exciting opportunities available for the right candidates. If you believe that you would thrive in a culture that emphasizes innovation and technical excellence, we want to hear from you.
• Strong analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills.
• Background in probability, statistics, or machine learning.
• Experience in at least two of the following programming languages: C/C++, Java, Python.
• Solid working knowledge of Linux and/or MS Windows programming environments.
• Good communication and presentation skills.
• Internship or co-op experience in one or more of the areas listed above
• BS/BA degree in Computer Science (CS), Computational Linguistics, Electrical Engineering (EE), Mathematics, or related areas with 0 to 2 years of work experience.
This position requires either (1) US citizenship, (2) Permanent Residency, or (3) other suitable documentation to permit hiring if you are not a US citizen or Permanent Resident.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.