Cloud Security Engineer (Job Number:436190)
SAIC is looking for a Cloud Security Engineer that would:
- Act as the technical lead on complex Security engineering projects.
- Determine Security requirements by evaluating business strategies.
- Develop documentation including Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Visio diagrams.
- Evaluate existing technical capabilities and systems and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Ability to mentor and coach less experienced Security engineers.
- Excellent customer service and organization skills; ability to maintain cooperating working relationships.
- Conduct ?after action? reviews to identify and document lessons learned and best practices.
- Research and test new Security tools/products and make recommendations of tools to be implemented in the environment.
- Work closely with project managers to ensure proper reporting of project activities and status as well as proactively escalating issues.
- Work collaboratively and proactively with the Operations resources assigned to the same projects.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor?s degree or higher in a technical field such as Computer Science, Information Security, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, etc.
- Minimum 9 years of networking and/or Security engineering experience.
- Planning, designing and implementing Security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks, and Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
- Experience with network and log- centric analysis and logic development using a Security Event and Incident Management (SIEM).
- Hands on experience with Security solutions including but not limited to firewalls, proxies, intrusion detection systems (IDS), data loss prevention (DLP) and Malware Analysis device.
- Knowledge of network-based and system-level attacks and mitigation methods.
- Experience with vulnerability scanning, antivirus & malware analysis.
- Understanding of FISMA and NIST standards.
- Experience configuring switches and routers.
- Ability to examine and interpret packet capture data (Wireshark, tcpdump, etc.).
- Experience in developing technical solutions and new Security tools to help mitigate Security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
- Strong understanding of Security architectures and devices.
- Ability to communicate IT, networking, and Security concepts to personnel at all levels of experience and responsibility.
- Strong time management and multitasking skills as well as attention to detail.
- Experience working with multiple high priority tasks simultaneously.
- Comfortable identifying and defining system Security requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including writing comprehensive reports and white papers.
- Relevant network or Security certification: One of the following (CCNP, CCNA, CISSP, GCIA, GCIH, GREM, CEH, etc.).
- Senior level documentation and project management skills.
- Working knowledge of vulnerabilities and exploits.
- Experience with web application firewalls and proxies.
- VOIP phone System Management and Security.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Apr 26, 2018, 4:21:45 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-FORT BELVOIR
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job