This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is the leading provider of radar sensor systems. We provide war fighters the most accurate and timely information available for the network-centric battlefield. This position is specifically for a Systems Engineer to provide analysis support as part of the Airborne Early Warning Reconnaissance and Surveillance Department. This department provides the full range of systems design and analysis-related activities in support of SAS radar programs.
These activities include:
- Development of automated analysis of formal qualification tests and field acceptance tests
- Generation of formal analysis test reports for delivery to the customer
- Computer modeling and simulation of sensor physics and phenomenology, as well as battle management command and control (BMC2)
- Performance predictions and analysis of data received from radars on various platforms
- Interface between members of the systems, software, hardware, and test engineering teams
- Technical presentations to both internal and external customers
- Technical participation in peer reviews throughout the product lifecycle of design, development, integration and test, and field test requirements verification
- Participate in customer and program review presentations to provide status updates and work products
- 6 years or more of experience developing mathematical algorithms or quantitative analysis techniques
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience with advanced machine learning algorithms such as Hidden Markov Model, Markov Decision Processing, Partially Observable Markov Decision Processing, Deep learning, Neural network, clustering (k-means, G-means), Gaussian mixture models, Bayesian reasoning, Bayesian theory, information theory, Dempster-Shafer, Graph theory, etc.
- Experience with MATLAB and C/C++
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication and presentation skills both verbal and written
- Strong mathematical background and desire to learn and contribute to a team-oriented environment
- Must have an active DoD Secret or higher security clearance prior to commencing work
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to access to US only data systems
- Demonstrated experience in developing machine learning algorithms such as Hidden Markov Model, Markov Decision Processing, Partially Observable Markov Decision Processing, Deep learning, Neural network, clustering (k-means, G-means), Gaussian mixture models, Bayesian reasoning, Bayesian theory, information theory, Dempster-Shafer, Graph theory, etc.
- Able to effectively perform multiple tasks and prioritize actions
- Work experience in Battle Management Command and Control (BMC2) mission area
- Strong background in signal processing, modeling, and simulation
- Experience working on a technical team of Systems Engineers and Analysts
- Graduate level coursework or work experience in statistical signal processing, signal processing, probability theory, detection/estimation theory.
- Experience with Linux/Unix preferred
B.S. in Engineering, Physics, Math, or related disciplineDesired Education:
Advanced degree(s) in Engineering, Physics, Math, Systems Engineering, or related discipline
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.