Lead, Data Center Server Operations (Job Number:436296)
SAIC has an opening for a Data Center Server Administration Lead located in Rockville, MD.
Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC), on behalf of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) seeks a qualified Server Administration Lead to manage and oversee the operations and deployment of Data Center and server technologies.
The HHS OCIO supports the HHS mission by leading the development and implementation of an enterprise information technology (IT) infrastructure across HHS. The HHS OCIO Office of Information Technology Infrastructure and Operations (ITIO) is responsible for providing a reliable, cost effective, scalable, secure, and flexible enterprise computing platform that supports and enhances customer IT needs and capabilities from requirements gathering through design, development, testing, and implementation.
- Leads an operations team responsible for the administration of Windows, RHEL, and Solaris servers and EMC VNX and NetApp storage and Avamar backup technologies
- Researches, evaluates, and recommends software and hardware products
- Designs, installs, configures, maintains and performs system integration testing of server operating systems, related utilities and hardware
- Provides new hardware specifications, installs and secures new servers, and maintains the server infrastructure and all forms of systems that support the Data Center environment including cabling, power, space planning, cooling management and all other dimensions in a large, complex environment
- Supports Web access and electronic messaging services and maintains a secure systems environment.
- Leads cross-functional teams to troubleshoot and resolve complex problems that may be across multiple systems and subsystems requiring in depth knowledge of the highly sophisticated Data Center environment and IT infrastructure
- Documents and reviews standard operating procedures to optimize service delivery in alignment with ITIL best practices
- Reviews and presents change requests at enterprise review change board
- Provides occasional off-hours remote support for planned maintenance work, unplanned support issues, or to meet customer SLAs. May occasionally require on-site work at a Data center during off-hours
- Works with application owners, as well as the engineering team to execute Data center operations core mission.
- Performs upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages (ie. VDI components, Windows services, or other enterprise apps) as necessary.
- Create and maintain system documentation for updates made to the infrastructure environment
Required Skills and Experience:
- Proven leader who can effectively interact with others to accomplish tasks within tight schedule, ability to prioritize tasks with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must possess good communication skills, be dependable, outgoing and positive with excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Solid understanding of VMware 6 technologies, including clustering, high availability, and patching
- Solid understanding of virtual infrastructure hardware, operating systems, and VMs on servers which support business processing requirements.
- Solid understanding of high performing systems in a multi-domain, multi-site Windows Active Directory environment that consists of SQL servers, VMware vCenter 5.5/6.x, and Windows 2008/2012 servers
- Breadth of knowledge across VMware, SAN/NAS storage (EMC VNX/DataDomain preferred), Windows/AD, RHEL, and Data center administration and practices
- Experience evaluating technology, processes, and staff preparedness to initiate Continuity of Operations (COOP) or disaster recovery
Desired Skills and Experience:
- ITIL Foundations v3
- MCSE Certification
- Solid understanding of Data center consolidation, and cloud technologies like AWS and Azure
- Working knowledge of large-scale Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy management.
- Working knowledge of blade compute platforms from CISCO, HP, or DELL
- Working knowledge of Storage clusters, Fiber Channel and NFS protocol.
- Working knowledge of networking design
- Working knowledge of Red Hat design and architecture
- Bachelor?s Degree in Information Technology or related discipline and 12 years of relevant experience, or 18 years of relevant experience without the degree
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC¿s approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see ( My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 19, 2018, 10:32:53 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-ROCKVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job