The job is to support Flight Software Internal Testing team in the integration, verification and validation of planetary mission flight software. The task is to perform software engineering activities associated with the testing of embedded flight software products for large-scale project.
- Perform functional testing on the integrated build upon delivery from the Flight Software team in hardware in the loop testbeds that simulate the spacecraft and environment, and on virtual work station based test environment (WSTS). Working with Systems Engineers and FSW Developers to define test cases to verify requirements and functional behaviors. Executing these procedures in the testbeds, analyzing test output, documenting results, reporting anomalies, and developing run-for-record reports. Maintaining test procedures, scripts and verification results.
- Perform functional testing on the integrated build prior to delivery.
- Define and design functional test cases to verify L5 FSW requirements, L4 Avionics requirements, and Verification Items (VI) specified in the FDDs.
- Create and maintain test procedures and test scripts for the functional test cases.
- Execute functional test cases and maintains test metrics and verification matrices.
- Collect and maintain all essential regression and functional test procedures and scripts.
- Support FSW problem investigation.
Clearance is not required for this position
No VISA sponsorshipRequired Skills:
- Familiarity with principles, theories, concepts and techniques in developing, modifying, debugging, releasing and maintaining real-time and embedded software systems for mission-critical aerospace applications
- Recent experience with distributed computing and inter-process communication (IPC) mechanisms.
- Recent experience with device driver development and software interfaces for both custom and commercial hardware
- Recent experience in performing testing in an integrated test/build environment
- Recent experience with debugging software/hardware interactions and possible failure modes
- Recent background in flight software testing with specific experience in the following languages and operating systems: Python(proficient), C and Linux.
Strong verbal and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
Ability to work independently and in a team environment.Location:
The employee will be required to work in Pasadena, CARequired Education:
Bachelor?s degree in a computer related engineering field with a minimum 4 years of related experience
a Master?s degree in similar disciplines with a minimum of 2 years of related experience. 114709
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.