Application Security Engineer (Job Number:436311)
SAIC is currently seeking candidates for a Sr. Application Security Engineersupporting our Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board (FRTIB) Technology and Enterprise Support Services (TESS) Program, in Vienna VA
- Responsible for developing secure coding guidelines and best practice documentation for custom developed applications as well as ensuring the guidelines are followed.
- Conduct assessments using COTS and other tools to ensure coding practices are followed and effective as well as identify risks.
- Produce and update secure coding guidelines and related documentation
- Collaborate with development teams to ensure secure coding best practices are followed
- Collaborate with development teams to support remediation of software vulnerabilities
- Provide coding guidance to ensure best practices are continually followed and issues addressed.
- Conduct assessments of custom applications and related code to identify risks
- Perform general Security policy development/maintenance and audit compliance support
Required Educations and Experience:
- Bachelor?s degree or higher in a technical field such as Computer Science, Information Security, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, etc.
- 5 years of direct experience supporting secure coding practices.
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust
- Hands-on experience with application Security scan tools such as IBM AppScan, HP Fortify, HP WebInspect, WhiteHat Security, or AppDetectivePro
- Experience with open source Pen Testing software, such as Kali or Burp Suite
- Familiarity with Asp.net, C#, VB.net, Java/J2EE, CF, or C++
- Demonstrated understanding of web application and database Security
- Knowledge of software/application hardening OR input validation testing OR SQL injection testing a PLUS!
- Strong technical background in software Security design/implementation and data protection
- Strong communication, interpersonal, consulting style skills to interface with staff, developers, and customers
Note: Telework is not available for this role.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC¿s approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see ( My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 8, 2018, 1:40:02 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-VIENNA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job