General Dynamics Information Technology and CSRA have united to create the premier provider of high-tech IT solutions to the government IT market. Together as General Dynamics Information Technology, we deliver cost-effective, next-generation IT solutions and services to the Department of Defense, the intelligence community and federal civilian agencies as they modernize their information systems.
General Dynamics Information Technology is looking for an Oracle Junior Administrator who possesses Oracle skills and/or Unix operating system (Red Hat &/or Solaris) experience with the desire and ability to grow with our organization.
The candidate must have an active Secret Clearance including Security+ CE certification.
The Oracle Junior Administrator:
- Has an understanding of Data architectures, database management system facilities and capabilities, and the operation and tuning of databases.
- Performs database maintenance and ensures its availability to users and able to optimizes/balances processing and performance for peak and load.
- Prepares appropriate dimensional Data structures and provides logical interfaces for the extract/transform/load (ETL) process.
- Resolves load, processing, reporting (extract), and other Data management issues; Validates, loads, tests, and verifies Data.
- Implements designs and structures provided by Systems and Data Architects and monitors database performance and assists with database security, and maintains the Data dictionary and database backup and recovery.
- Assists, defines, and/or oversees database organization, standards, controls, procedures, and documentation, including maintains and documents shell scripts and batch processes, ensures that documentation is complete and up-to-date.
- Develops and applies procedures for periodic database backup.
- Must have demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing.
Responsibilities: This Oracle Junior Administrator shall assist in administering Centralized Enclave (CE) hosted databases on various platforms (i.e., UNIX, Windows, Linux, RHEL, etc.). Database administration subtasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Installation and maintenance of Data Base Software and patches
- Configuration and testing of initial installations
- Upgrade CE hosted databases
- Manage Database user administration, including role and privilege management
- Conduct Performance Monitoring and Tuning
- Configure and monitor Database backups including both hot and cold backups
- Oracle Database exports and imports as required
- Database Report Creation
- Auditing database activities
- Monitor and manage alert logs and trace files
- Normal and emergency database startup and shutdown processes
This position requires adaptability to mission changes in requirements and priorities. The position will work under the direction of the CE DBA team lead, CSRA team lead, and Government customer.
- Education and Experience: Bachelor?s degree or equivalent plus 2 years related experience
- DoD Security Clearance: Secret
- Certifications: Security+ CE