The Director, HR Transformation is responsible for consulting on organizational and HR department transformation, including capability, structure, and process strategy and design. The Director consults on all large-scale enterprise-wide organizational changes and influences senior leaders in shaping all organizational strategies with significant people impacts to ensure the company continues to thrive operationally and culturally as it grows and changes.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Consult with CarMax business leaders on the people implications and considerations of transformational changes in process or under consideration.
• Work collaboratively across various functions (e.g., Store Operations, Home Office, CAF) in order to connect the dots from idea generation to solution development to change management.
• Identify and communicate risks, issues and potential solution strategies along with providing status updates to senior leadership.
• Develop organizational transformation roadmap that includes all major efforts.
• Serve as subject matter expert and resource to HR leadership team regarding external benchmarks and resources regarding transformation efforts.
• As part of HR Operations team, proactively identify and act on opportunities for greater coordination of mid- to large-scale changes with significant people impacts.
• Through the HR Operations team, ensure all company strategic initiatives have all necessary HR support.
• Evaluate, develop and implement strategies to transform the ways in which CarMax Human Resources delivers services and value to meet the changing demands of the business.
• Serve as key member of the Talent Leadership Team.
• Ensure effective business partner coordination and cooperation through influence and effective communication.
• Lead through change impacts and integration processes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Exceptional leadership skills, including the ability to motivate, influence and persuade across all levels of the organization.
• Exceptional ability to build and maintain strong partnerships and collaborate throughout the organization and stay connected with all areas of the business.
• Exceptional analytical ability including the skill to dig deep into detail while retaining a broad view perspective.
• Exceptional communication skills.
• Creative thinker, with a bias to action and ability to balance a practical approach innovative thinking.
• Ability to develop, execute and adjust a plan to achieve long-term and short-term results while managing multiple priorities and business partners.
• Ability to proactively understand latest industry trends and regulations and their potential impact for CarMax.
• Ability to embrace and champion a diversity of ideas.
• Ability to develop associates through constructive feedback and encouragement.
• Experience in change management, from sequencing and planning through transformation and execution.
• Strong track record leading and executing on cross-functional projects.
• Proven ability to conceptualize and execute on a given strategy.
• History of regularly interacting with senior management.
• Demonstrated ability to connect business deliverables with enterprise objectives and strategy.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree; MBA preferred.
• Minimum of 10+ years of work experience preferred (5+ years in management), with a strong background in strategy, innovation, technology; preference for Human Resources or comparable business consulting experience.
• Experience and successful track record in leadership role on enterprise transformational programs at large/complex organizations.
• Significant experience in HR system, technology and project management tools.
• Proven track record with continuous improvement and change management processes.
• Computer skills: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
Internal associates should have successfully completed Director MAP or LDP.