Sr. Network Security Engineer (Job Number:436648)
SAIC is seeking a Sr. Network Security Engineer in Orlando, FL to support their ITO.
- Lead projects on improving Security services, enhancing Security posture, implementing new services and/or remediation.
- Deliver projects from inception to deployment following ITIL processes and path to production using the systems engineering lifecycle.
- Lead/assist in engineering Security solutions that may include, but not limited to, datacenter firewalls, application firewalls, database Security, endpoint Security, and network/system forensics technology.
- Responsible for developing and improving on existing correlation strategies as they relate to all Security solutions with the goal of increasing the effectiveness and efficiency of our overall detection and prevention capabilities.
- Execute Security projects related to enhancements, capacity planning, creating or maintaining engineering documentation, auditing systems being used as designed, and auditing systems that continue to meet the needs of the operational Security teams utilizing them.
- Troubleshoot and resolve Security service issues within the network and endpoint Security environment.
- Lead/assist cyber Security engineers and Security operations teams in engineering and troubleshooting difficult or time- sensitive problems.
- Lead/Assist other system engineering teams with projects, as a direct participant, and to lend your unique areas of expertise when required.
- Identify client needs and design; propose and implement solutions, including writing recommendations and specifying equipment
- Enhance capabilities of existing Security systems through engineering enhancements, customer education, and process development.
- Ensure various Security systems are working in unison and the SIEM solution is tuned to provide best value from the system. Oversee usage of Security technologies by forensic and operational Security teams ensuring products are utilized effectively.
- Assist Security analysts, operational engineers and related teams in both understanding and utilizing Security tools and systems from a tier three support perspective.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience.
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a government clearance.
- 5+ years of experience in engineering enterprise Security solutions for medium or large organizations, datacenter experience a plus
- Experience in enterprise Security technologies encompassing design, implementation and support.
- 3+ years of experience in supporting intrusion detection and prevention technologies to include firewall administration.
- Experience administering firewalls and IDS from Palo Alto and Cisco or application and database-specific Security technologies.
- Experience assisting systems engineering teams with projects, as a direct participant.
- Proven customer service and problem solving skills for both internal and external customers, partners and services.
- Strong network engineering background and be well-versed in network topologies and technologies.
- Experience leading engineering designs as a Security subject matter expert for the deployment of multiple Security tools and services.
- Experience researching and resolving complex problems that require architectural and/or engineering redesign. Resolutions should include root cause and action plans intended to reduce or eliminate the reoccurrence of similar problems.
- Experience implementing and deploying Security tools in support of endpoint Security and forensics.
- Familiarity with tools from Symantec, Ixia, AccessData, and Carbon Black EDR solutions a plus.
- Certifications and/or training in Intrusion Detection, Pen Testing and General Network Defense. Examples include: SANS GIAC: GSEC, GCIA, GPEN, GWAPT, GCWN, GCED, GXPN; EC Council , Sourcefire SFCE
- Experience in the direct deployment and maintenance of other Security products i.e. Web Application Firewalls, Database Application Firewalls, Network Firewalls, Network IDS/IPS, HIPS/HIDS, Desktop Antivirus, Content Filtering, and Packet Sniffers
- Experience with architecting and engineering solutions for Datacenter deployments
- Experience with cloud technologies, specifically public cloud Security deployments.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC¿s approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see ( My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: May 29, 2018, 1:35:33 PM
Primary Location: United States-FL-ORLANDO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job